Friday, May 13, 2005

1000 Rat's Ass'

Here is a list of my favorite sayings. Some are old or overused on a regular basis in probably every office or situation. Some may be original because I have never heard them before. I will try to provide a definition.

I’m having a Charlie Brown day-Lauren uses this when her day is not going the way she planned. When Max is cranky and the flooring guy never calls back and the dishwasher breaks. I say, “How was your day?” And she replies “I’m having a Charlie Brown Day.”

Shit the Bed- I use this often at work and in most occasions when someone or something messes up. Examples “ That would have been a great picture but the camera shit the bed.” Or “It was supposed be delivered on Friday but Fed Ex shit the bed. Now I wont have it until Monday”.

Thrown under the bus. -This is used way too much, but is the perfect description for when someone else gets you in trouble. “I can’t believe he threw you under the bus like that by telling your wife you went to a strip club.”

If you had a thousand rats ass’ (asses) could I get one? -To be used when someone says, “I couldn’t give a rats ass.” A guy named Eric used this on my brother Kevin years ago. Eric was telling him some problems at work that needed Kevin’s attention and Kevin said, “I don’t give a rat’s ass”. Eric, without missing a beat says, “If you had a thousand rat’s ass’ would you give me one”.

This is my personal favorite and I do not use it nearly enough.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I'll have to remember that one. I hear that phrase all the time here in Austin. This was a great post!