Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Phone Home

I called Lauren from work. I dialed our new home number from my desk phone.

“Hello.” Lauren answered.

It did not sound like her, but she is getting a cold.

“Lauren?” I asked.

“Yes.” She said in a way that was unfamiliar to me.

“It’s me.”

“Me who?” She responded.

“It’s…” I paused. “…me?”

“Who?”

I grabbed my cell phone and flipped through the address book to look up my own phone number.

“Is this Lauren?” I asked thinking Lauren was playing a joke.

“Yes.”

I looked at the number on the cell phone and the number that appeared on my desk phone’s display. The cell phone read 555-555-4655. The display on my desk read 555-555-6455. I flipped two numbers.

“Who is this?” Lauren asked.

“This is ummm..” I was now questioning who I was. “This is, who I thought, was your husband.”

“Oh.”

“I am sorry I dialed the wrong number and I am just shocked that a Lauren answered the phone.”

"Well not only do you have the wrong number but you have the wrong Lauren."

22 comments:

The Chick said...

What are the odds of THAT happening again?

Ern said...

What are the odds, seriously!? I've occasionally gotten long distance wrong numbers from my home town, and that's weird enough for me.

Kellyology said...

How crazy is that?

Charlotta-love said...

I grew up in Texas and lived at home with my parents, Paul and Nancy, on East Houston. East Houston was a road that went through town but was interrupted by a community college. So, there were two East Houston streets. What are the chances that another Paul and Nancy lived on East Houston.

pretty high.

What are the chances that their last name sounded the same but was spelled differently?

Also pretty high.

Tallyflute said...

wow... that's just weird

Anonymous said...

You should call her again in a few weeks. You know. Just to check up.

Patience said...

It's a parallel universe!

Chris H said...

Derrrr.... I love wrong numbers...sometimes you can have a really good conversation with a complete stranger!

Unknown said...

Apparently.

Nature Girl said...

Sounds like that Lauren has your number down!

hehehe I crack myself up..
stacie

Anonymous said...

It a good thing Lauren has stopped you doing the sexy talk calls. You'd be done for.
That's funny!

Effie said...

that's too freaky!

Anonymous said...

Dude, what are the chances? The universe is messing with you.

OhTheJoys said...

Close Encounters of the body snatching kind.

Jody said...

I agree with Becky... Hehehe

Anonymous said...

wah-eerd!

The Egel Nest said...

That happened to my dad once...except not with Lauren... :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Chris Cactus said...

Wow. That's pretty insane. The odds are steep on that one.

Anonymous said...

I am convinced now that you, along with your reader Tara, are swingers.

Amber said...

When she said you also had the wrong Lauren did you say, "thanks for the tip!" or maybe, "no, I am pretty sure this is the right Lauren."?

Gale said...

hmmmmm, I would have just hung up. She was polite kind of

Rachel said...

nynLOL!