Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Affair

Lauren has been re-facing the doors on the kitchen cabinets. She has removed all the doors and has been working on them in the garage. The other morning she asked me to hold one of the finished doors in place while she screwed in the hinges. It only took a few minutes, but due to the weight of the door and the angle, which I had to hold it in place, my arm cramped up. The finished door looks good.

When I got home from work I entered the kitchen to see that she had hung four more. I called to her in the living room. “Lauren?”

“Yes.” She said in a slightly raised voice so I could hear her from the other room.

“Are you having an affair?”

“No.” She called back matter of fact like. “Why?”

“It’s just that I see that you hung some of the other cabinet doors. I thought you needed someone's help with these.”

“No. They were easier than the first one.”

“Okay.” I said admiring the work. “Because if you were going to have an affair, it would be okay by me if the guy was also going to be doing work around the house.”

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only fair that he do some of the work to reap some of the rewards.

Anonymous said...

Love that Lauren has a great sense of humor...ha-ha!

Just Jan said...

I think it's great the Lauren is so "handy". Do we get to see the cabinet doors?

"are you having an affair?"...sheesh...too funny and good thiing she has a sense of humor with you...I have to do the same with my Bob sometimes...only I call it ignoring him...LOL.

lawnwhisperer said...

Bill, I'm pretty sure that Lauren would not have an affair on you. Here is my reasoning. She married you. She deals with you everyday. You have been married long enough now that she has you in her head when she thinks of men in general. Now, with the thought of you in her head, she would never want another man. You scared her away from men.

Effie said...

Isn't it nice to know that she isn't though? Hmm?

She's one busy lady though! Can we see the cabinets?

Anonymous said...

Who is better hung... You or the cabinet doors?

Nature Girl said...

I love your brothers! They are hilarious!

Great post...I want to see the doors. Lauren is awesome. jifjrli

Anonymous said...

I want to see the doors! Before and after if possible, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... a handy man affair...you could be on to something here, Bill.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I totally agree if she is going to have an affair get a man that is going to help around the house!

Oh I can not wait to see the doors!

Platypus said...

As usual, love it! Let's see some pics of her handywork then... Wordgirl's asking for pics of people's front doors but I'm sure cupboard doors will do very nicely!

Unknown said...

LOL - I say that to Hubby about any affairs he might want to have -- as long as she cleans, cooks and does laundry, I'm ok with it. :)

Kami said...

Oooh, yeah. The sancho would HAVE to be handy.

Jon still says that our Orlando pool boy is the baby daddy. ;)

Jewl said...

I am so down with that... I tell my husband often to get another wife... one that likes to cook and clean.
Of course I am just kidding, well kind, I wouldn't mind doing the cooking so long as she did the laundry!

Unknown said...

So good of you.