Friday, October 26, 2007

Twenty-ish Questions

Maxfield has picked up on the game Twenty Questions from my friend's, Bob and Kris, kids. Lauren told me he learned the game two weeks ago but last night was the first time I got to witness his version of the game. I don't know which is more humorous, when Maxfiled is the Asker or the Askee.

Max as the Akser gets to ask questions and tries to guess the answer.

Lauren: I'm thinking of something...
Max: Does it fly, live on the land or in the water?
Lauren: It lives in the water.
Max: Is it a seal?
Lauren:No.
Max: Is it a Penguin?
Lauren:No, but the name of the animal I am thinking of, it's name also sounds like an animal that lives on the land.
Bill: Ask her if it has whiskers.
Max: Does it have whiskers?
Lauren: No.
Max: Is it an Elephant swimming?
Lauren: No.
Max: Is it a seal?
Lauren: No
Max: Does it have big ears?
Lauren: No but it has a long curly tail.
Max: Is it a seal?

It goes on for more than twenty questions and Lauren leads him to the answer.

When Max is the Askee.

Max: I'm thinking of an animal.
Lauren: Does it live on the land or in the sea?
Max: It lives on the land and it can fly in the sky and it has lots of colors and it is a parrot.
Lauren: Is it a parrot?
Max: You win.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical. I love playing those games with the kids. My daughter, Allison (almost 3), loves to play "I Spy" & she plays in a very similar way to Max, especially as the askee. "I spy something with my little eye that's red. It's over there and it's the wagon!" is what I get. Good story.

Patience said...

Little kids and games can be hysterical and frustrating at the same time. Mostly hysterical though!

Jody said...

Well, at least it's a quick game when Max is in charge. So freakin' adorable.

Unknown said...

Hee hee... I think I like Max's version of the game better. :)

eclectic said...

Max for President!!

Ern said...

That's hilarious! What a generous soul you are raising. :)

Nilbo said...

Damn! I had totally guessed it was a parrot before Lauren beat me to it.

OhTheJoys said...

I laughed very hard, my friend.

Lauren is the Queen of all parenting.

Anonymous said...

Kids are so innocent...I love it!!! I especially love when you're playing hide and seek with a pre-schooler and you're all "Where could she be hiding?" and they pop up from behind a laundry basket and they're all "HERE I AM!!!!"

Anonymous said...

How cute!! My Niece is finally starting to talk in complete sentences so I'm thinking the question games are going to be starting up pretty soon as well. I'm looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I miss that...can I borrow him!

Anonymous said...

Once he can read, you should get him a 20Q. It will blow his mind.

mrtl said...

priceless!

Clinton said...

Um. I give up.
Lives in the sea. Long curly tail.
??

Never mind.

Anonymous said...

When we were little (in the 60's) we used to play a similar game in my family. We called it "My father owns a grocery store, and in it he sells..." We would then say the initials of the item, like P.C. for potato chips.
One time we changed it up a bit and instead of grocery store, we did pet shop. My little sister was probably about 5 yrs old. She said, "My father owns a pet shop, and in it he sells B.E". We guessed for what seemed like forever. What could B.E. be? Finally we made her tell us. It was Baby Eagles...
We laughed our heads off, and still throw B.E. in there when we play to this day.

Lois Lane said...

This was one of the kids favorite games. They played the same way Max plays. Hang on to this time with the boys. Before you know it... they'll be taking DRIVERS ED!! God help me!!! :)

SciFi Dad said...

Personally, I think he's just a budding criminal mastermind lulling you into a false sense of security before POW! he joyrides the family car.

Toni said...

Yeah, that's cute. Really cute.

Anonymous said...

... is it a seahorse?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

SO cute!

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I love how kids play their games. They never get it and have more fun than if you play by the rules!

Heather said...

Sounds like the game of in between I play with my son Luke. He says, "I'm thinking of a number between my head," which means he's thinking of a number between 1 and 10. So he says, as fast as he can, "I'm thinking of a number between my head. I guess 1. It was 1." This goes on for hours.

http://3boysundermyroof.blogspot.com