Monday, October 15, 2007

Clean

Our bathroom is in such disarray. There are hammers and screwdrivers on the sink next to the toothbrushes. There is spackle and tile adhesive on the floor next to the toilet and plunger. The medicine cabinet houses a razor scraper and a utility knife as well as make-up and other toiletries.

The newly renovated tub is not quite ready for us to use as a shower, but taking a bath is okay. The only problem is getting the bathroom ready in order to take a bath is such a chore. I have to remove the chemicals and cleaning supplies used to prep the certain surfaces. I have to sweep the tub of all the dust. Remove certain tools that could cause harm to certain body parts. By the time I get the room ready for a bath, I need a shower just from the work.

Last week I organized the bathroom for my bath. I settled into the hot water and realized there was no soap in the tub. I scanned the floor and saw a bottle of dish detergent we used to clean tools. I did not feel like getting out of the tub.

Let me just say that I smelled Lemony fresh all day and the little flecks of food that were on my chin…Gone.

13 comments:

Nature Girl said...

roflmao! You crack me up.

Unknown said...

Ah yes, you probably even 'squeak' when someone rubs a finger along your skin, eh? :)

Patience said...

I detest living in renovation! I want to move into the nearest luxury hotel until it's finished!

At this moment we are finishing Year 8 of our house remodeling.

No, I don't live in a luxury hotel.

Michelle said...

Now how could you even see any flecks of food on your chin with that beard? lol...

I am now rethinking our project of working on our bathroom!

amy turn sharp said...

girl- I feel ya on this one
we are waist high in remodel of entire home!

Toni said...

And I bet you don't even have dishpan skin, do you???

Chris H said...

Jezzz, how often do you take a bath? only weekly? You will not stay Lemony Squeaky clean that way mate!

Ilanna said...

thank you for the wonderful morning laugh. :)

Living in a renovation is a royal PITA. I remember when we had our deck done - we live in a bilevel, so deck is about 8' up. We were walking our new 10wk old puppy on the front lawn. As for bathrooms - i'm *LAZY* - we had bathfitters do it. Done in 2 days. :)

Good luck with the new house!

NH Yocal said...

Nice, you gotta love remodeling. Hopefully it won't last too long. Sometimes remodeling takes forever and there may be a point when you say the heck with bathing. Been there.

Anonymous said...

Did you have any water drop stains
on your ...?

Jamie said...

Sounds like our house for the past 5 months. I promise, it won't last forever. Unless you try to do it all yourself. That is what we did. We're still living in it.

Anonymous said...

That is just too stinkin' hilarious!!!!

Nilbo said...

Marg: "Palmolive helps fight dishpan crotch. In fact, you're soaking in it right now."