Sunday, December 12, 2010

Merry Gentlemen

Last year I wrote a post about how my brother Anonymous rates the Christmas cards that he receives. In that post I mentioned that no one understood my No L card.

This year, without my wife's knowledge (because she thinks it is "dorky" or something), I created and mailed my own Christmas card for my siblings. Two days later I received a phone call from my brother Anonymous. He told me that even though it was early, he is pretty confident that I was going to get "top honors" this year for the best card. I was and still am pretty excited.

The above picture was on the face of the Christmas card and the text read, "Merry Christmas. Let nothing you dismay. From the Merry Gentlemen, Maxfield, Wyatt and Jackson. And Lauren and Bill.

Top Honors. That is big.

I need to start making next years card.

21 comments:

bew said...

hahaha....took me a moment but i got it!
you rock!

Merry Christmas to you, Lauren and your merry gentlemen

~bew

Melissa said...

LOL...once again your family brings a smile to my face.

Jackson is looking at his brother's as if "seriously, y'all encourage him with this stuff?"

Merry Christmas to the entire poop and boogies' gang!!

SciFi Dad said...

I need to get on your Christmas card list.

Anonymous said...

It is the front runner for mcard of the year, and has been nominated for the Christmas Card Hall of Fame.
Past recipients are Bitterboys 3 wise men. The limited edition LW with his shirt off, Sylvestri's Cole in my stocking, Hannings sleeping angels, Tulios Dominic holding the fish.

Anonymous said...

I got it right away...but 2 of your siblings needed interpretation. How 'bout oldest and next to youngest. There you go! Don't think they sing many Christmas Carols..Great idea! I'm up for all things that make me smile! And this did! Add yourself into the Merry Gentlemen category.

Mama D said...

Love it! Very creative...

Me said...

Ok, I got this one and it is great! And now I FINALLY get last years! I racked my brain last year and couldn't get it. DOH! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I got it this year! This is so great!

What did Lauren think about this?

Merry Christmas to you all.

Creative-Type Dad said...

OK, that's pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is good. I had to sing the song to get it. Kudos!!

sari said...

Ok, I never got last year's card until you just said what it was but I got this one.

I feel better.

Anonymous said...

hah! This one I got right away. Very funny.

Meegs said...

Lol, it took me a minute and I had to sing along... but I got it! Nice one.

Anonymous said...

That. is. AWESOME.

Bogart said...

Classic bro...classic.

Anonymous said...

yes... the 2nd youngest didn't and still doesn't get it.. I thought the Tide was for Jacksons drool bib.

I don't know the lady on Max's shirt.

KL Crab said...

awesome card!!!!!!

Wendalette said...

Didn't fully get it until I clicked to look at the larger version of the picture and recognized the lady on the shirt.

And then I died.

You are brilliant.

VHMPrincess said...

AIYEEEEEEEEe I don't get it :-( I am so BAD at these things???!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!

Anonymous said...

VHMprincess-Tidings of comfort and joy.

VHMPrincess said...

thanks ANON! That IS awesome!!!!!