Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First Date by Momo9

I asked my mom to guest post for me for a couple of days. I never really asked my parents about how they met, so for Momo9's first guest post I aksed her to write about their first date.
A little background. My mom is the oldest of 12 and my dad is the oldest of 8. My mom lived only 2 blocks from my dad's parent's house.

First Date by Momo9.

We went to the movies and saw, “ Seven Brides for Seven Brothers”. (It is true, believe it or not). But first we had to stop at the pharmacy, so I could buy a toothbrush for my little sister, who was starting to brush by herself. He let me stop and let me drop it off for her before we left on our date. He was very patient and kind.

After the movie, we went to a club for a drinks and dancing. While dancing, I stepped on his feet. I was so apologetic. He said, “Don’t worry, they’re not my shoes. They belong to my roommate”. We danced a lot! The place got warm. I suggested he take off his sport coat. He said he couldn’t because he only ironed the front of his dress shirt. The sleeves and back were all wrinkled. A “mess” he said. Then he confessed that the sport coat was also his roommate’s. I wanted to ask him about his underwear. I really didn’t want to know whom that belonged to. So I did not ask.

We had a lot of conversation that night as most people do on a first date. We had a lot in common. However, every piece of clothing that I wore belonged to me. He was a gentleman, a good listener, a good dancer, not great, but good. We knew a lot of the same people. So, I decided, if he asked me out again, I would say yes. If he wanted a kiss goodnight, I would go along with it. We did talk for a long time on the porch, after we arrived at my house. He did not ask me out for a second time that night, and did not make an attempt to kiss me goodnight. What a jerk!


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That last line made me laugh out loud.

Teri said...

that's a fabulous story. I can see where you get part of your humor William. I also like how your parents were so honest with each other. It's hard to find that these days, especially on a first date.

jen said...

Momo9, I really enjoyed your firt post! I hope you guest blog for William more often. :)

jen said...

first* ugh... 8:58am

Anonymous said...

This is what I read.

We stopped at the Pharmacy...

I asked him to take his coat off.

If he wanted a kiss I would give him one.

The song from the commodores comes to mind.

Something about a Sunday Morning?

ieatcrayonz said...

Mom needs her own blog.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love your mom.

Judypatooote said...

What a great story Momo9....I think it is important that our kids hear the tales of our growing up.....and dating......life sure has changed though, hasn't it....? Your quite witty, just like your son......

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Way to go Momo9 you shoould definitly start your own blog.

Looking forward to the second date!

And like Sharkey the last line made me almost spit out my coffee I was laughing so hard!

sari said...

I can see where the Blogging Brothers get their sense of humor, this is great.

That last line made me laugh also,. And yet, after all that, you still gave him a second chance, huh? Good thing. :-)

LizzieDaisy said...

That's so cute. Your mom is funny. Is that where you get it from, or is your whole family just that way?

My dad saw my mom running up a flight of stairs to a church and decided he was going to marry her. He asked her out and told her so on their first date. They just celebrated 46 years of marriage. Guess that worked. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I also liked that you asked him to take his clothes off on the first date, but he did not work up the nerve for a kiss!

Jewl said...

I am really enjoying this...

Lois Lane said...

LMAO! That was great! Thanks for sharing the memories with us Mom! That last part sent me over the edge. Hahahaha!
Lois Lane

Anonymous said...

Nice story by Mom. Maybe she should start her own blog. I bet it would be entertaining. She could write stories about dating your father and raising a family. My vote is she starts one now.

Meredith said...

Oh what a cute story! Your parents sound like a lot of fun.

The Q said...

So did *YOU* ask him for the second date then? ;-)

Andrea said...

Oldest of 12 and oldest of 8??? Geesh, no wonder William has so many siblings :) Bill, you guys are going to have it rough keeping up!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, your mom is too cute. Except I still stand by my statement that I would rather die than hear about my parents' sex life.

G-Side Pride said...

momo9 has a typo in her story and she tells her stories like her oldest son, too long with too much detail.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to know.... did you ever find out if he was wearing his own underpants?

What? I'm curious.

kimmyk said...

I can't wait to keep reading.

Very cool Momo9 that you remember it so clearly.

Dollymama said...

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers--that's a pretty baudy movie for a first date!