Thursday, March 02, 2006

You smell like a monkey

Max’s first day as a two year old was, in my opinion, exceptional. Lauren and I may have overcompensated with gifts and fun to do things due to the fact that there was no family or friends from back home to share in his birthday festivities. We started off by letting him open his gifts in the morning. Which included toys that we re-gifted from Christmas. He got some Thomas trains from his aunt and grandparents as well as a Cuckoo Clock from his Pop Pop. He loved Pop Pop’s Cuckoo Clock when we stayed with them over the holidays, and he loved this one as well. His favorite gift by far was the square U.S. postal helmet that Mom Mom sent him.

Lauren made play table (she is crafty that way) for him to play with all his trains on so we may actually get our coffee table back to be used for what it was designed for, holding magazines and a place to rest our feet while watching the tube. Max tried to help her build the play table but he got caught up in just wearing the safety goggles.

Lauren arranged for a bunch of mom’s and their kids to meet at the playground for sandwiches and cupcakes and I was told they all seemed to have a good time. One girl split her lip, which was a shame but she seemed all right. I was sure there were going to be other casualties but there was not.

We went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner and I think Max had a good time. He played Ski-ball, which is now also known as Chuck the Wooden Ball at Circles. He played Whack-A-Mole. And he played video games.


We went home and had Ice cream and cake and Lauren and I sang happy birthday to him.


He was wired from the sugar and was truly the life of the party.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday max
hope ur day was better than mine
it was 28 degrees on my birthday
bet ur family misses you all

Nature Girl said...

What a great birthday you made for him! The pictures are adorable. He really is a beautiful baby! Well...big boy now! Stacie

Susie said...

What a great day. He is so beautiful, and as I've said, guaranteed to make me smile. Happy Birthday, Maxfield. And at least 98 more.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Max is one adorable little dude. And I love me some Skee-Ball.

Michelle said...

Wearing lampshades already? Cool! Happy birthday Max!

kimmyk said...

Happy birthday to Maxfield!

The party animal! I miss doing parties at Chuck E Cheese's. Wonder if they would sing and dance for my birthday? Probably not.

Susie said...

Now I know what I want to do for my birthday!

Happy Birthday Max!!!!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy 2nd birthday Max!

It looks like you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! He's such a cute kid!

LizzieDaisy said...

You took him to the Chuck? You are doting parents! I am way impressed. As for the lampshade, he does seem a bit young, but hey... why not. :)

Happy Birthday Max! Glad you are as well behaved as you are cute!!

Anonymous said...

and you smell like one too !

Peanutt said...

Awww, glad it was such a great day!!!

eclectic said...

Love the helmet from Mom Mom!! Isn't that always the way it goes?

Little Max? You are among the most fortunate of children. While you're growing up, if you need to know what a man truly is, you just look at your Daddy. And if you wonder about love, just watch how your Mommy and Daddy treat each other. I am so happy for you, young man!! I can't wait to watch you grow up and reach all that potential bottled up inside you. I'm glad you had a happy birthday!!

Lois Lane said...

Awww! I love all the pictures! Figures the little dude would like the box best. LOL!

ieatcrayonz said...

How did I miss this post? WTF?

I like the safety plug in the safety goggles picture.

Just Jan said...

HOw simply adorable!!!!

Steph said...

WHAT A CUTIE !! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX !

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAXAMUS,MAXFIELD,MAXANATOR,MAX,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

wow, after writing that out, I never realize how short that song really is!!!

Well Happy Birthday Max!!

-somehow related-