Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Funny

Yesterday, after work, we went to park to play. There was another family there, Scott, his wife Dee and their little boy who is Maxfield’s age. We have seen them before at the park and have made small talk in the past. This time they brought their dogs, a big Rottweiler type of dog and a basset hound.

As the kids were playing and Lauren was conversing with Dee and Scott I went over to pet the dogs. I was scratching the Rott on the head and back and sides as well as under his chin, when Scott said to me, “He (the Rott) may be a little moody. He just had surgery and has stitches.”

“Oh” I said as I stopped petting the dog. “I hope I didn’t pet him where he has the stitches.”

“I hope not.” Scott said, “He had his anal glands removed and I hope you weren’t petting him there.”

I think I met my match in the neighborhood for saying things that shouldn’t be said but are too funny to pass on.

On another note I noticed since the LawnWhisperer started his own blog he has been very lax on commenting on this one. Go and check it out. It is funny. And yell at him for not commenting over here.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, the lawnwhisperer is most likely having major dreams about now and doesn't have time to comment and soon who won't have time to write either. Ya know! it is suppose to be 70 degrees this coming weekend, and he is thinking of all the different things he can be working on outside and what type of fertilizer he will be throwing down.

Anonymous said...

What do anal glands do?

lawnwhisperer said...

We got a guy at our office who is one big anal gland

Unknown said...

See! You're not the only one! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to second that notion of the one big anal gland person at the office comment!!!

And now we know why these types of dogs freak out and go 'nuts' on their owners.... probably a good idea to keep Max away from the anal gland-less dog for awhile!!!

-somehow related-

Michelle said...

Glad you've met your match. At least if his anal glands have been removed, he won't "ride" across the carpet to leave his scent if they ever come to visit at your house. Ick - it can be quite nasty!

Redneck Mommy said...

I got nothing. You have thrown me with the anal glands image. There is a particular member of my community whom we refer to as our Anal gland. I am picturing him riding across the carpet to leave his scent. It is an image that I just can't lose!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

YOU HAVE MET YOUR MATCH...FINALLY Lauren can make friends with his wife!

eclectic said...

Never pet them on their anal glands. This is a hard and fast policy with me... I recommend it to everyone.

Lois Lane said...

I would have loved to see Dee and Lauren's faces after that comment! Hahaha! Scott sounds like he could be your new best friend. ;)
Lois Lane
P.S. your brother, that weed eater, never comments on my blog either. Don't tell him this but I have secretly read all of his posts.

LizzieDaisy said...

My neighbors are anal glands. Ha. See what I learn on your site? New ways of getting around the no swearing for Lent thing. Thanks oodles!

Glad you found a mate... I'll be looking forward to hearing about all the trouble the two of you get into.

Anonymous said...

I thought you would have said " Dee seems a bit moody too... Did she have her glands done? "

Susie said...

One of my pugs gets her anal glands emptied at the groomers every three weeks.

That's all I got.

Nature Girl said...

Oh this is going to be good. You need to convince Scott to get a blog! ROFL! I bet Dee and Lauren are going to get along famously! Stacie

Tammy said...

I'm going to use that from now on when I'm moody. "Don't mess with me. I've had my anal glands done."

kimmyk said...

I keep asking Honey what's stuck up his butt.

Now I know. His anal glands are full.

Thanks!

Sharpie said...

I'm just wondering why in the world they needed to be removed?

Odd Mix said...

Just be glad he hadn't just been neutered. Petting a dog on the empty nad sack is bad form.

Anonymous said...

Finally Lauren has found you a park playmate.