Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Practicing

I was doing my best to teach Maxfield and Wyatt a lesson regarding manners. Sometimes the kids act like kings and demand juice, milk, dessert, the Wii or anything else. After giving into Wyatt's requests at the dinner table and not hearing his response I said, "Your thank yous should always be louder than your requests."

It was a long day and I was in a mood.

I then said to them, "Children need to be constantly practicing their manners. Like doctors and lawyers practice their professions, children should practice their manners, always."

Five minutes later Max farted loud and long.

We all laughed. It broke the tension.

He has definitely been practicing his comedic timing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say "I was in a mood" Were you wearing an apron?

Bogart said...

Did he at least say Excuse Me? Maybe Steve Martin style..."Well, excuuuuuuusssssseeeee ME!"

Melinda said...

You are just bursting with fatherly pride.

teri said...

I don't know, when it comes to boys do manners even count or matter???

heathens, all of you. ;)

eclectic said...

At our house that's a party foul, and the offender has to take a penalty lap around the house while the rest of us don gas masks.

DGB said...

Farts are funny. Everyone knows that.

Unknown said...

You kids have been hanging out with my kid, eh?

Susie said...

Did you also teach them, "Your farts should always be louder than your father's lectures"?