Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I am a trend setter

In the middle of the night, this past Monday, I got up to go to the bathroom. On my way back to bed I tripped over my sneakers that were sitting next to my side of the bed. I fell back to sleep pretty quickly but ended up having very weird dreams about me standing on a runway at an airport with blinking lights flashing. I tossed and turned but the flashing lights in my dreams would not go away. I finally sat up to shake the dreams off. The flashing did not stop.

I looked over the side of the bed and noticed that my left sneaker, which I posted about here and here, would not stop flashing. The left light-up sneaker is finally working, but, now it won't stop.

Over the past few days people at work have noticed my light up sneakers. I told them all I am a trend setter which has kind of been validated by this article that appeared on MSN.

This reminds me a quote, I read somewhere, and now I will paraphrase it for you. "An Artist is never ahead of his time, it's just that everybody else is far behind."

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a goofball. I believe I'm not alone in that opinion. ;)

Anonymous said...

You're a gaybird. I believe I'm not alone in that opinion.

Kami said...

All of those shoes there are absolutely hideous. Honestly. THey are worse than your blinking sneakers. OMG.

Love "gaybird." That's a new one to me.

OhTheJoys said...

I am a firm believer that The Shoes MAKE THE MAN.

You are in deep MAN doo doo, Mr. Bo Bo Sneaker.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I remember in Los Angeles, when I was younger, the sneakers with flashing lights in the soles had just come out, and some guy robbed a house and the cops were after him and it was nighttime and he was running through some wooded area and all the cops had to do was follow the blinking lights...note to self...when running from the cops, don't wear blinking lit up shoes. You are a trend setter...I thought these came out in the 80s!??

Patience said...

You have flashing sneakers??!? Do ya wear black socks wif 'em??

Effie said...

So you started it, eh?! Funny that it won't stop flashing now...

Anonymous said...

That blinking light keeps me awake at night also,the siren that goes with it might also have to do with no sleep!!!!

Anonymous said...

Message for Lawnwhisperer:

Gardener shoots teenage boy who raided his perfect lawn

Washington (dpa) - An avid gardener who shot dead a young boy that tread on his newly mowed lawn was sentenced to life in prison in the US state of Ohio, US media reported Thursday.

The 67-year-old pensioner admitted to firing two shotgun rounds at the 15-year-old intruder. He told the court in Batavia, Ohio, that his entire life had revolved around his home and garden work since retiring.

Judge William Walker said during the Wednesday sentencing that he saw no remorse in the retiree.

:-)

Jenny said...

I don't remember if I've posted here, but I've been enjoying reading your blog for a few months.

I've tagged you for a fun little meme at my blog.

eclectic said...

Blinking shoes. For an adult male. Trend-setting. Um.... just, no.

Anonymous said...

Mo

Amie Adams said...

Yeah, my husband has explained his "trendsetting" by calling himself "the visionary missionary."

I should introduce you. On second though...blinking shoes?

Rachel said...

Ever thought about flip-flops?

basement waterproofing said...

Your website is a ray of hope to me. You know, I love my house. It has been the shelter for my forefathers and my family for over 100 years. And I am really very scared to see it having problems of the basement. But after I went through your site’s information I found I hope that I can save my house now thanks. basement waterproofing