Monday, October 02, 2006

Sleep

Every so often I sleep on the couch. Not because I did anything to piss off Lauren but sometimes it is the only way I can get a good nights sleep. Why? Because I snore.

You see Lauren is a light sleeper. She still gets up with Wyatt, every so often, in the middle of the night and then she has a difficult time getting back to sleep. Sometimes my snoring keeps her awake longer. She is very good about waking me up to try to get me to stop snoring.

“Bill,” she whispers. “Roll over. You are snoring.”

Or she will just gently nudge me to let me know I am keeping her awake. Sometimes this happens 3 to 4 times a night. How is a guy supposed to get any sleep with someone waking him all the time? So every so often I just get up and go to the couch.

The other night, she woke me up for the 4th time and I had had enough. I stumbled into the closet to grab a blanket from the normal spot and headed out to the couch so I could get a good night sleep. When Lauren came to wake me up, she laughed at me, “Bill, Do you know you are using a curtain as a blanket?”

Apparently Lauren reorganized the closet.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - At least you got some sleep! :)

Just Jan said...

I won't laugh because I experience the SAME thing!! Bob snores sooo loud and so much that I can't get any good sleep. the other night I went out to the couch so I could rest. The only bad thing there is we only have a loveseat so it was really to small to be much good. I did go back to bed after about 3 hours and toughed it out. There has to be a solution to the snoring...sheesh.

Anonymous said...

you totally remind me of my husband....

Anonymous said...

I thought love was blinds. Apparently its curtains.

Kami said...

BWAHAHAHHAAA!

I once was so lazy that I made my friend use a beach towel as a blanket.

Anonymous said...

Good for you being all sensitive to your woman's needs. It's too bad she didn't pull a switcharoo with the food pantry. I'd pay for a picture of a saran wrap blanket.

Anonymous said...

I used to move the furniture every now and then when I cleaned the house. If Dad were late coming home and it was dark, he ended up tripping over something and would curse and scream cause I moved the furniture. Never re-arranged the closets, though. That is funny! You are funny. Dad is a snorer also. It's usually the overweight who snore. Nothing personal!!!

The Q said...

You're so sweet! I am the one who has to grab a "curtain" and leave the room because the Hubs snores so loudly.

I can ask him to roll over 19 times in one night and I'm still the one sleeping on the sheetless (laundry day) bed in the guest bedroom or downstairs on the too short couch.

I was just doing some engraving and I thought of you...the kid's name is Wyatt and he's on the Alligators (<--get it? You live in FL where there are alligators). Yah I'm easily amused, why do you ask? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Poor William, sleeping with the curtains and whatnot.

*sigh*

Honestly, you and TGIM could totally commiserate! Um, about the wives waking you up to tell you to quit snoring, that is, not the sleeping with the curtains thing. That was just weird, dude. They were CURTAINS.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Your mom is a hoot as always!

Well good thing it is not too cold in florida!

Effie said...

that's nice of you to let Lauren sleep a little better...

was it a cozy curtain at least?

;)

eclectic said...

Why are there curtains in the closet anyway? Don't they belong on windows somewhere?? And if not, then why would you store them? I'm so easily confused.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

My question is frequently the opposite one: How is a girl supposed to get any sleep with someone waking her all the time due to his snoring? so every so often i kick his butt to the couch!

grrrr ;-)

Nature Girl said...

I'm thinking since you're up anyway due to Lauren having to wake you to stop snoring, you should get up with Wyatt and let Lauren have the extra bit of sleep...

;P