Friday, July 14, 2006

Toot Toot

This morning we took Wyatt for his 30-day check up. The doctors office informed us that Wyatt was not covered on our health insurance and that we need to call the insurance company and get everything straightened out. Lauren and Wyatt stayed at the doctor’s office while I took Maxfield home to call the insurance company.

When I called the insurance company I informed the customer service person that I was watching a rambunctious and loud two year old and I asked for their patience if I got distracted. I was bounced around from one department to the next and was put on hold several times. Sometimes there was “hold music” and sometimes there was not. While on hold I was playing with Max and helping him with a puzzle. Finally Melissa came on the line and asked me to hold for a few more minutes while she looked up some info. She would come back, ask me a question and then put me on hold again.

So with the phone cradled in the nook of my shoulder and head I continued to play with Max. I was on hold for the umpteenth time when Max farted really loud. I laughed and he laughed and he tried to squeeze more out. I asked Max, “Did you just toot?” He giggled some more. So I asked again, “Are you tooting? Did you just toot?”

Just then, over the phone Melissa said, “No I didn’t toot.”

I did not realize she was still on the line.

28 comments:

eclectic said...

But what if she had and she's just blaming Max?

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I am sure when she got off the phone with you she was telling all her co workers!

Hope all the insurance was figured out. What a pain!

Lowa said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe your insurance company wouldn't cover Wyatt because your "nutrition facts" still say just 1 kid, lol.

Anonymous said...

lol

Nature Girl said...

That's too funny! Good luck with the insurance stuff, my baby was a year old before they finally got our straightened out. YIKES.
Stacie

Anonymous said...

It would have been even funnier if she had said "I THOUGHT I smelled something!"

It was cute that she answered you. And yeah, she TOTALLY told all her co-workers about it. It also might be in the company newsletter too!

Anonymous said...

When you sign the insurance forms, I think you should use your alias. :)

Unknown said...

LOL!!!

Classic!

Anonymous said...

i think i just tooted a little because i was laughing so hard.

Anonymous said...

Pa loved this one!!! He's still laughing!! Good for Melissa! She has a sence of humor. She better have fixed your insurance list! Bill, you are funny! Love you.

Michelle said...

Toot, toot!

After we had our twins, the fight with the insurance company to add TWO children took forever. They kept adding one and taking the other off. I think we got it fixed by the time we changed companies.

The Q said...

Gotta appreciate Melissa's sense of humor.

Of course, I would have been more gross about it had I been on the other end of the phone.

Something like "Wow! No more beans for me. You can smell it all the way from there?"

ThePapaDog said...

My boy is 4 months and even at his early age he loves to toot.

A chip off the old block...

Effie said...

water. out. my. nose.

Thanks for the laugh!

kimmyk said...

ACKKK!!!!

How embarressing yet funny!

So what happened, didja get it all straightened out? Sometimes insurance companies burn my butt.

Anonymous said...

Beep, Beep !! AAAhhhh Toot Toot.

I love Melissa and Donna Summer.

P.S. Wyatt's Godmother is smokin hot !!!

Tallyflute said...

I'd love to see Melissa's blog entry for that day! :)

Funny!

Kami said...

BWAHHHAAAA!

Anonymous said...

I can see why your insurance co doesn't know about Wyatt! Your "nutrition facts" still show "kids 1". Time to update... Kids 2!

Anonymous said...

Toot too chugga chugga... so sad that when I see the word "toot" anywhere I think of that Wiggles song.

Judypatooote said...

Very funny story.....I just hate to have to call any business because of being put on hold, or given a menu to pick out what dept you want.....yuck.....

If you'll excuse me, but I'm going to have to put you on hold right now........

Cat said...

Oh, busted.

You know she totally tooted, too.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I hope she laughed :)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!! :o)~

Anonymous said...

every insurance company sucks!

tooot!

- Jon
- Daddy Detecive
- www.daddydetective.com

Jewl said...

Em laughs all the time when she toots... she has a bad case of man farts.

Anonymous said...

Awesome.