Monday, July 24, 2006

Scrapped

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. What does a lack of pictures mean?


Right before I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida I asked my mom for one gift for Maxfield. The gift was very important to me. I asked that she make a scrap book with pictures of all of his cousins and aunts and uncles. I wanted to use the scrapbook as a guide and tool for Max to get to know his family.

My mom did an excellent job. Of course there are pictures of MaMa and Pa (my parents). There are pictures of all my siblings and their families. There is Uncle Soprano and Aunt Edie Falco (my sister), Uncle Tripleareola and his family, Uncle Pez (aka Anonymous) and and his wife and kids. My mom included pictures of Uncle Bacardiandcoke and his family, Uncle Vicki and Aunt John (Aka LawnWhisperer), Uncle Shamu, his wife and three kids, Uncle Popnpuss and his new family, as well as Baby Jesus and his wife and three kids (at the time he only had three now he has four). There are also pictures of Mommom and Poppop (Lauren's parents), Lauren's sister as well as pictures of Max's godparents, Mr. Miyagi and Aunt Bridget Mc.

It is a nice book that Maxfield and I review once a week so he will recognize all the important people in his life that he does not see on a regular basis.

Just this evening I was reviewing the pictures with Max when I noticed something peculiar. In the scrapbook there are at least two pictures of every one of my siblings except for Uncle Pez and the LawnWhisperer. There is only one picture of each them. I wonder what my mom was getting at by having more pictures of everyone else in the scrapbook.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

double check the book...were there 4 (or more) pictures of Baby Jesus and his family hence eliminating the space for more of the rest? just a thought!

Obviously you get your sense of humor from your mother...otherwise she could never survive all you kids and your instigations!!!

lawnwhisperer said...

This does not shock me at all. I am used to this, but let me ask you, how good do I look in the one picture?

Michelle said...

She's clearly showing her displeasure at something they had done wrong. Moms do that. We hold grudges and get revenge quietly. We're good like that.

Anonymous said...

Who is Uncle Shamu? Does he work at Sea World? Is he the fattest of the bunch? I heard he was the best looking of the bunch, and the nicest of the bunch as well. I can't figure out why he would be called Shamu. Does he like to swim a lot? What does Maxfield call his uncles? or are these the names he gave everyone?

Anonymous said...

Sad... :( After all this time... and all the comments left to address the issue... you still have not updated your nutrition facts to include Wyatt Blue. Poor little guy.

Anonymous said...

I don't think they should feel bad. I mean, for LW at least, judging from the comments on his blog vs. the comments on your blog, it's clear she likes him better. ; )

Anonymous said...

I love the names of your relatives. They seem to be quite telling.

Great idea, the scrapbook.

Cas

eclectic said...

She's just imparting the lesson that sometimes, life just isn't fair. Hey, Mom-O-Nine is ingenius enough to do that, I'm sure of it!!

Anonymous said...

maybe it takes two pictures to make up for the single...

N said...

Moms have a very special way of giving their offspring lifetimes of long and unforgiving guilt trips in ways in which only they think are subtle. Its their special gift.

Lois Lane said...

I'd imagine Uncle Pez's flip top head isn't very photogenic. And Weedwhacker probably broke the camera after your mom snapped that one little gem.
Lois Lane

Kami said...

Mmmmm hmmmmm...

Anonymous said...

William, STOP IT! Just this evening I am working on Wyatt's Scrapbook. There must be 15 pictures in there of his Godfather, Who is one of the people you claim is only in Max's book once. My camera is always on the ready. I have the most pictures of those who come to visit me the most. Hence, there are none of YOU! Make you feel bad? STOP making me feel bad! I do the best I can. As far as L.W., he only visits when I'm not home. He helps himself to lunch and uses the bathroom, then goes on his merry way. The only way I'd get a picture of him would be to set up a camera on a timer in the kitchen or the bathroom. Maybe I might just do that. Look around the next time you have lunch, L.W. How do I know he's been there. He never cleans the porkroll frying pan!!! L. W. I am not mad at you! William has a neat way of getting me all worked up. That book is Max's not yours, William, stop counting heads! By the way, Peter is Peter Parker, Spiderman. L.W. is my hero! He never publishes anything bad about me. He can't, cause he never talks to me. He only calls to speak to Dad. You two really so suffer from MCS. Seek help! It is out there! I feel so much better now! :)

Anonymous said...

LW stops in to use the bathroom. He may be the deuce whisperer. Who does number two work for?

Teri said...

Your mom ROCKS!

Nature Girl said...

As a scrapbooker, I know how much time and effort your mom put into making that book for Maxfield so you just stop harrassing her right this very minute! Shame on you!
(which one is William's Brother and when is he getting a blog?)
Stacie

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you to your whole family! I read this site and LW's. You all never fail to make me laugh!