Monday, October 03, 2005

Quality Time

“We need some us time.” She said as I was squinting to see the time on the digital clock. It read 10:15pm.
“Oh I ...(YAWN) totally agree (wink, wink, nudge nudge).”
“We should do more together than just watch TV.”
“It’s so rough. When I get home from work we still have to eat, clean up the dishes, walk the dog, lock up the cats, play with Max, give him a bath, clean up the living room, get him to bed, by the time we do all that it is already 8 o’clock. We are tired. There is nothing wrong with watching TV. Especially if there are shows on we enjoy.”
“I know,” she said as she fluffed her pillows, “With the new season of shows there is so much to watch. It’s hard, but we should make an effort to connect more.”
“Yeah.” I replied as I set the alarm for the next morning. “Once we put him to bed, I mean it is only 8 O’clock. That is when we should (YAWN)…you know. (wink wink nudge nudge).”

“Yes. I know. You’re right. I guess I could miss the first two minutes of Survivor.”

19 comments:

Tammy said...

So funny. Yet so true!

The Q said...

Ahhh, too funny! 2 Minute Man...I guess that's better than a 1 Minute Man, right?

Melanie said...

Funny, that conversation sounds really familiar...

Judypatooote said...

That just brings back the good old days.....things really don't change do they? lol.....

Lois Lane said...

LOL! We usually sneak it in during a commercial break. (kidding, maybe)
Lois Lane

Effie said...

LOL!!

So funny!

Unknown said...

Hee! Yeppers, funny and true -- about the quality time thing, not necesarily the two minute thing.

I used to joke about "wink wink nudge nudge" during the commercials/breaks while Hubby watched sports -- the 20 second timeouts, though were rough...

LizzieDaisy said...

Are you trying to brag? :)

I love her... she should get a blog.

And thanks for the smile. Very very much appreciated today!

Anonymous said...

NICE. I heart Lauren.

Lori said...

Too, too funny. I saw something like this in a DVD I watched this weekend.

Christie E. Little said...

We have one of those clocks that shoots the time on the ceiling. It's funny when you know for sure it's exactly 2 minutes.

Nature Girl said...

There's a bug in my house and you can hear all my conversations with my DH can't you? Well..the old ones anyway. LOL Lauren it tooo cool! I like her already! Stacie

Anonymous said...

Hey! Who recorded my conversation with my wife?
...LOL. Good Post. Thanks for the visit and comments.

Unknown said...

Hehehe that is sooooo funny!

eclectic said...

Ouch! Damn, that girl's good! I can never think of a retort that perfect, that quickly. I'm impressed.

Mama Duck said...

No one tells you this stuff when you deide to get knocked up...it's a completely different ball of wax with kids around...expecially if they're sleeping in YOUR bedroom.

But, I digress.

Cheryl said...

Yes, your wife needs a blog. Or does she have one already?

Anonymous said...

LOL...that is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »