Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Believe

I took Maxfield and Wyatt with me to the art center so I could attend a theater group meeting. Both kids were, for the most part, well behaved. They enjoyed the time running around the stage and seating area while I participated in discussions about budgets and marketing.

One of the galleries across the hall was hosting some type of event which piqued Wyatt's curiosity.

"Daaaad?" Wyatt whispered. "Can I go over there?"

"Noooo." I whispered back mimicking his tone and cadence.

"Whyyyyy?" he whispered louder.

"Becauuuuse." I said.

"Buuut I waannt tooo."

I could tell Wyatt may put up a loud argument in the middle of the meeting so I lied to him.

"They are having a class in there teaching kids how to eat broccoli. Are you sure you want to go?" I asked him.

He changed his mind pretty quick. I smiled, three-year-olds will believe the possibility of anything.

Two minutes later I could see the mental light bulb go off in his head. Eyes wide and smirk on his face, he ran over to me.

"Daaad?" he said in a whisper.

"Whaaat?" I mimicked back.

"Do they have a pizza eating class here?"

I laughed out loud. Three-year-olds will believe the possibility of anything.

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Sign me up! I love my little Wyatt!

Melissa said...

LOL...i loved your response about the broccoli; but oh that sweet boy, you can't get one over him...always thinking.

i love me some Wyatt!

Vajana said...

that is great. Sign him up dad!

eclectic said...

Pffffft.... I'm not buying for even one minute that Wyatt needs pointers on eating pizza.

Great vignette.

Melinda said...

Obviously Wyatt has Lauren's brains but has your stomach.

(This really made me laugh. Excellent.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James (SeattleDad) said...

Ha! I want to teach the pizza eating class.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Sign me up for a Cheeto eating class. Love those things.

As they say, "Kids say the derndest things!" Very very funny man.

Dan Creighton said...

You such great interactions with your sons Bill! Love it and laughed out loud.

kalki said...

Ha! That's great. And fortunately, there is such a thing as a wine-drinking class. Life is good.

Lois Lane said...

That's awesome! And tell the boy should he need help with his homework in the event he finds a pizza class, Auntie Lo is pretty good with a pizza pie!

DGB said...

That's some good thinking on the fly.

Nicely done!