Thursday, March 15, 2007

Jungle

Lauren the kids and I were sitting in a booth by a window at one of the local burger joints when Maxfield points to an overgrown area of trees just outside the window.

"Look Daddy. A jungle." He said in his three year old way.

I looked over. "Yeah buddy that's a jungle."

"There's birds and cats and monkeys and PUMAS and (inaudible) and Grillas in there." He tapped the window as he said each animal name.

I laughed and looked at Lauren. "Pumas? Where does he learn this stuff?" I asked.

Lauren shrugged her shoulders and said, "Diego, I guess."

Having seen an episode or two of Diego myself I asked Max, "Do penguins live in the jungle?"

He laughed. "No. Penguins live in the snow."

"But Grillas" I said chuckling at the way he pronouces the word, "they live in the jungle."

Maxfield shot a smile back at me. "But they go pee pee hanging in a tree on a branch."

I did a double take to Lauren. "Did he learn that on Diego too?"

"No." She said laughing and not trying to choke on a frie. "He must have learned that at the zoo a while back. There were a few gorillas hanging from a tree and one of them starting peeing. He didn't say anything then, but, man I am surprised what he remembers."

For the record, I do think that would make an excellent Diego episode.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man...I am soooooooo tired of Diego..unfortunately my 2 yr old is not. It is cute to hear him growl, "rowrrrrr" though.

SciFi Dad said...

only if the grilla peed on Diego's head

Anonymous said...

scifi dad is really funny! Now there's an episode for Diego. Kids say the darndest things, and remember everything!

Unknown said...

Grillas at the zoo do other things that would make Diego an X-rated show. I'm glad the peeing is the only thing he saw.

Stephanie said...

You know, perhaps you should give Handy Manny a try. He's pretty great, and the tools help kids learn spanish. Plus they have funny voices!

OhTheJoys said...

He didn't learn it from watching Dad? Heh.

Anonymous said...

Wait until you are at the petting zoo and you witness peeing VERY up close and personal.

Oh, and watch your shoes.

Anonymous said...

The (inaudible) part after Pumas, was Hot Bitches. He learned that from me.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...what your kids will remember will come up in the most unlikely places...hee hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Diego Liam calls me "amigo" and tells me to "vamonos!" Never usually in the same sentence. He also tells me he is going to "Agrifca" which I have determined to be Africa. Diego is annoyingly upbeat but not as repetitive as Dora. Dora mkes me want to bludgeon myself. "Tree! River! Mountain!" over and over.

John said...

my four year old keeps us on our toes too. The other day she saw a semi pulling 3 trailers and got all excited because she had seen a real live train.

Nature Girl said...

Just wait till he brings up something really really embarrassing and completely out of context in front of a large group of people. KIDS...always a joy.
Stacie

eclectic said...

Jungle... welcome to the jungle. He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you could somehow incorporate potty training with hanging from a tree, I think you'd be on to something...

Chris Cactus said...

See, this is what I don't understand - where do they pick this stuff up? It's kinda scary!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

oh Diego the things he teaches kids!

I can not believe he remembered that but they definitely remember the things you don't really want them to!

Anonymous said...

Max is smart. Get a paternity test.

Effie said...

lol kalki!