Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Anybody Want A Peanut?

My mom hosts a Christmas Eve gathering/open house at her place for a gift exchange between the various aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, Godparents and Godchildren. This past Christmas the party started at 1pm. Right before we were leaving the mailman dropped off a package addressed to me. I quickly opened it to find an advanced copy of Brad Meltzer's latest book The Inner Circle (which does not hit book stores until 1-11-11). I was quite excited since Brad Meltzer is my secret man crush author.


I took this picture in front of my Abe Lincoln portrait because The Inner Circle is about the (fictional) U.S. President's secret Inner Circle (not Abe's inner circle but you know he was a president so I figured it made sense). I also tried to get the "Bra Melt" part of Brad Meltzer's name. I plan to write a review of Brad's book later this week. Let me just tell you, so far, awesome.

While at my mom's house my Goddaughter Allyson, my brother Anonymous'/Kevin's daughter, gave me what I consider to be one of my favorite Christmas gifts ever.


That's right, she gave me a Westley and a Fezzik doll from the movie the Princess Bride. If you squeeze their bellies they say lines from the movie including "Anybody want a peanut?". I didn't know these dolls existed. I was even more excited about getting the dolls than the book.

My wife, Lauren, on the other hand is slightly disappointed. She is upset that I was more excited about the book and the dolls than I was for any of the gifts she gave to me. I think it may also have to do with the fact that every night since Christmas Eve Westley, Fezzik and Brad Meltzer's book have been in our bed.

14 comments:

M@ said...

Be Quiet, I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

Excellent movie! Thanks for the tip on the book, I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

When you opened those gifts, you looked like the scarecrow in The Wizard of OZ, just as he came down from the pole. All kinds of weak kneed and heel clicking goin on.

laura said...

My husband bought me the princess bride movie for xmas. We watched it with our 3 year old right away. I realize now it wasn't appropriate for her... but oh well. She said she liked the ROUS's and thought they looked funny. I may have lost my parent of the year award, but gained my favorite movie.

Anonymous said...

"Came down from the pole" I know funny... that is funny. The scarecrow wasn't a chippendale.

Meegs said...

One of my favorite movies ever!

Michelle said...

Wow - a Dread Pirate Roberts doll. You are lucky. So lucky. Lauren is lucky too - especially if you are keeping him in the bed. Not so much with the Andre the Giant one. Peanuts notwithstanding.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Gigglepotamus can make you matching outfits for your dolls.

for a different kind of girl said...

Four men in one bed can be incredibly intimidating for one woman to walk into. Can't say I blame your wife one bit!

eclectic said...

"Stop that rhyming! And I mean it!"

If one is to receive dolls as a gift, those are definitely the very best kind!

As an aside, you DO realize that if you always answered Lauren with, "As you wish", her resistance to the dolls might diminish. ;)

wordmama said...

You MUST tell me where to acquire said dolls! I must have them! I seriously may have squealed a little bit when I saw them!

James (SeattleDad) said...

You got those dolls? INCONCEIVABLE!!

Somebody had to say it.

teri said...

I know quite a few people who would want those dolls.

such a kid at heart, you are. I'm sure the wife doesn't mind the extra stuff in the bed, really.

Melinda said...

Those dolls are definitely you.

Jack Steiner said...

Have fun storming the castle.