Friday, January 14, 2011

Hopeful Forecast

For the past two years I have written a post at the beginning of the year listing all the things I wanted to write about that upcoming year. I treated the posts as preview/teaser as well as a hopeful forecast or wishes. I had no idea at the time when I wrote those posts that some of those wishes or positive thoughts would actually come true, like losing 20 lbs, or going to Blogher. Now I also know and understand that some of the predictions did not come to fruition (like the Bigfoot sighting or appearing on SNL) but I like the vibe and outcome of my previous “looking ahead” posts.

My hopeful forecast for Poop and Boogies for the year 2011 should include posts and stories about, making an appearance on SNL, winning the lottery, seeing Bigfoot, winning a free trip for the whole family to Disney World, getting a new dog and taking the kids to New York. I hope in 2011 I will be able to write posts about the time I was in a car accident with my sister, how Max’s Little League team was the best team in the division, how I was a substitute Sunday school teacher, Wyatt starting kindergarten, Lauren selling her paintings and getting a gallery appearance and maybe a post or two about Jackson’s ability to make me laugh.

I want to write about Max’s piano lessons, how I lost another 10 maybe 15 pounds, Wyatt learning to ride a bike, Jackson at the beach, meeting one or two of the Phillies, going to some of the Phillies game, hell even how the Phillies, don’t cock it up this year and win the world series in 2011. I hope Poop and Boogies will include stories about some of my nightclub adventures, working with advertisers on the website, my tattoo, taking my wife away for a weekend (without the kids), making more revenue form a hobby I really enjoy, how I ran three 5k races and a half Marathon, more theater stories, my mid-life crisis, a post or two about publishing a book, or a post or two about publishing a children’s book, a post about meeting some of my blogging friends or even just making new friends.

I hope to post pictures of household renovations that I have done (or more likely that Lauren has done), I hope to do a few more contests and give-aways and maybe get a long term sponsor.

I hope I can write about my family being happy and full of joy.

I hope 2011 brings me more readers to this site. And that those new readers as well as the people who have been coming here for years will enjoy this site and stories as much as I do in creating it.

According to Chris at Rude Cactus, today is the official-unofficial blogging De-lurking day, please leave a comment and let me know what you would like to see from Poop and Boogies this year.

18 comments:

M@ said...

More poop and boogies please:)

What's this about publishing a book?

Chris Cactus said...

More of the same, man. Don't change a good thing. Happy DLD!

Anonymous said...

More masculine stories

Unknown said...

I like all your ideas and hopes for this year! Yeah, and I like the book idea too...write a book!! :)

Melissa said...

my favorite of course are the wild tales of life with your three sons...and how Lauren has to save the day...LOL

sikesimaviking said...

I want to see more of the same. I always smile when I come here and it's a good thing. Peace to you and yours.

Molly said...

I've been following for years. Love watching the kids grow up. Lauren is a saint. You are so lucky, man.

Susie said...

I hope you can write about the time you and some other PA bloggers, maybe some from VA, met in the middle (kinda) and enjoyed a crab feast here with me and mine. I'd enjoy reading that. (Bring Anonymous. Kills me.)

James (SeattleDad) said...

Just more of your humor. It's great.

And I did a delurker post too.

Mayo said...

Delurking here, been following your Blog for years and keep coming back for the occasional chuckle I get reading your posts.
This tattoo seems interesting, look forward to the details.

Debbeeanne said...

My favorite post of all time is the one about the vacuum cleaner. Love that writing style. Just keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to stories of you not getting invited places.

Melinda said...

Looking forward to all these stories. Can't wait to hear about your mid life crisis and what wise cracks Anonymous will comment about that.
I have had a bad case of 'the begats' here. I mentioned this story of 'the begats' at my locally owned hardware store and you are now officially a much loved and passed on story. I now expect 'the begats' to work itself into the everyday rural Englishman's language here to describe a woeful state of multiplying home repairs.

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I missed de-lurking day. Sometimes real life gets in the way of blogging.
Publishing books? Susie is hosting a crab feast? I want to know more!

Barb said...

If you and Susie (and anyone else) get together for a crab feast, I want to see stories AND pictures.

SciFi Dad said...

Dude, you're getting ink?

I'm so there.

Smug said...

More of the same - love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of HOPES in this blog.... don't give up HOPE....I HOPE to see you more this year than last.....I HOPE you call me more...... I HOPE you call me to tell me LAuren is expecting a girl....you see how some HOPES are realistic, and others more attainable... but keep on hoping...I will too! Guess Who!