Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Expensive

I gave Wyatt a bowl of mixed berries for him to eat with his breakfast. It is berry season and there is nothing like fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to start the day.

I was at the sink washing more fruit when out of the corner of my eye I saw Wyatt hand some of his breakfast to the dog. There was a blackberry on the floor.

"Wyatt, please do not feed Luna your blackberries. They are very expensive and should not be given to dogs. "

"Sorry." Wyatt said.

Max came down the stairs and sat at the table. I placed a bowl of fresh berries in front of him and I returned to the sink.

Wyatt whispered to Max in a very cautious tone, "Don't feed the dog any berries. She might explode."

9 comments:

Susie said...

Berries are very explosive and should not be given to dogs. Exploding children, well, it happens. What can you do?

for a different kind of girl said...

I shudder to think. Especially if I came across purple treasures while on backyard poop patrol.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love brother whisper down the lane. It starts out where one brother says, hey Mike want some OJ? and the other brother says Big Mike does drive a truck that looks like OJ's.

Barb said...

The kids are going to try to sneak berries to the dog behind your back, just to see if she really does explode! Can't wait for that story.

SciFi Dad said...

Huh. I always thought that if you mix berries with pop rocks and cola they explode. Learn something new every day.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Susie made me snort!

Now if you could just keep the birds from eating purple mulberries, my deck and chairs would appreciate it very much!

Anonymous said...

The snozberries taste like snozberries.

Shannon said...

I'm rolling! Just about spit out a mouthful of roast beef sammich at that one! :oD

dove said...

very interesting and natural.