Thursday, June 03, 2010

Amazing Power

I think having the ability to read is one of the greatest powers a person can posses. I love reading and sometimes I find myself amazed at the fact that little symbols on a piece of paper can create such incredible images or ideas in my brain. I love the fact that if I do not know something or how to do something I can simply find the answers, read them and empower myself to learn new abilities or knowledge.

It truly boggles my mind that there are people in the world who do not know how to read. Having the power to read is something I hope I never take for granted.

Maxfield is in the early stages of developing his power. I really enjoy watching him as he sounds out a word and then recognizes it in his mind.

Here is video of Max sharing his power with Wyatt. I am so glad I got to capture TWO very proud father moments. The first is Max reading. The second, well, just watch.

12 comments:

WILLIAM said...

I am very proud that Wyatt did not eat the boogie.

Ann said...

Way to go, Wyatt!! :-)

for a different kind of girl said...

Looks like they picked a great book to share...as well as one or two other things! I'm also proud of him for not snacking on it. It looked touch and go there for a second!

SciFi Dad said...

It looked to me like eggs and ham aren't the only green things Wyatt doesn't like.

Way to go Maxfield. Reading is awesome.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Did he abstain because of the green or because it wasn't the right time? ;)

I *heart* Dr. Seuss.

Unknown said...

I was WAITING for him to chow on it. WAITING.

Unknown said...

and p.s. READING ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

I was around for your teenage years, and I thought that you, the viper, and Rogelieu were picture guys. The rest of us were word guys.

Kind of like Americans vs. Nationals

B. Lumberg said...

Did you know that 2 out of 283 kids in Beverly Hills can't even read? Crazy, I know...


www.waystobecool.blogspot.com

Cole said...

The video was absolutely adorable. Happy 40th, old-timer.

Anonymous said...

You look like a monkey.

Shannon said...

I'm glad to see that my kids aren't the only ones who pick while reading.