Monday, August 27, 2007

At the Table

My mom made tacos for dinner. Besides the cheese, meat, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, black olives etc. etc. she also prepared both hard shell corn tortilla and soft shell flour tortillas.

Lauren and I used to make tacos all the time but we always use the soft shell flour tortillas. Lauren reached across the table and grabbed one of the hard corn tortilla.

Holding the tortilla up she innocently said, "Man, I haven't had a hard one in such a long time."

I looked up at my father who was stifling a laugh and I started cracking up.

"Lauren, we live with my parents. It is difficult to find the alone time." I said.

My dad, now laughing said to Lauren, "Would you like for your mother-in-law and I to go for a walk."

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwahahaha!

Nice dinner time conversation over there... ;)

OhTheJoys said...

I need to be enlightened about the possibilities I think...

Patience said...

I truly love your parents! I would never say "hard one" in front of my father.

Andrea said...

poor lauren :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yah I would have tried to slink under the table. TO HIDE!! TO HIDE under the table. Sheesh.

Ern said...

At some point you turn that corner with your parents, and they become people. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your family rocks, Bill!

Chris H said...

Niiiiiice! You crack me up... well ya wife does anyway! did she go red?

mrtl said...

oh no she didn't

HA!

Anonymous said...

It cannot be said enough that Lauren is a good sport.

Also, I love your family.

And hard ones.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

Heh. HEH! I get it.

Anonymous said...

How AWKWARD! I would have slid under the table if my darling daddy laughed at such a joke. However, I would have LMAO if I was sitting at the table at your house.

Amber said...

Sooooo...did your parents go for a walk or what?

Anonymous said...

well...your mom did advise you to kiss your lovely wife *better* awhile ago.

this was too cute. i am still laughing.

Wendy said...

Snort!!

I usually go for the soft ones, even though I like the idea of the hard ones. But they hurt my mouth sometimes.

(we're talking tacos, right?)

Effie said...

teeheehee

Queen of Dishing said...

I'm new to your blog, reading some older stuff and I have to say this is the single funniest blog post I have EVER read!

MP said...

Oh yeahh..he had a GREAT sense of humor..looking back you were quite the lucky one to stay with him so long..