Thursday, July 19, 2007

Portrait

Last night we went to pick up portraits of Maxfield and Wyatt that we had done at Sears Portrait place.

As with most portrait places there were pictures of little kids in cute poses all over the place, a little girl with giant flower props, a little boy in an oversized wagon, a baby sleeping on bed of feathers etc. etc. There were family portraits, mom and dad and the three kids all wearing the same outfit, white shirts and denim (although the father's head was rather large). And then there was the picture of the Calvin Klein Model-esque fathers, with no shirts holding their baby (Kind of like this).

I pointed to one of the Calvin Klein type of photos of a man laying on his stomach, no shirt, super tan, and cut like a tri-athlete. On his back was a baby, Buddha like and all pale and pudgy and cute. I said to Lauren, “Do you remember when I looked like that?”

Without missing a beat she replied, “What, the chubby one on top?”

24 comments:

Amy @ Taste Like Crazy said...

Your wife and I should definately have a cup of coffee. We would have a blast.

Unknown said...

That is SO AWESOME :) Lauren rocks.

So, uh, since you all are local now, let me know if you want me to come out and do a freebie photo session sometime...like in the fall after the wee one arrives and I get some energy back :)

erin said...

I think I would really like your wife! Not that I do the same things to my less-than-svelte husband or anything.

Patience said...

Lauren definitely rocks!! But you make it so easy!!

Ern said...

You kind of set yourself up for these comments, ya know? Hats off to Lauren, though, for taking advantage of them.

Anonymous said...

Oh LORD I had that L'Enfant poster on my wall in college.

Unknown said...

Hee hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Who really goes to Sears to pose for a photo like that??

And yeah, I think every girl on my floor in college had that poaster up as well.

Hilarious post!

carrie said...

Props in professional pictures drive me crazy. I just want a photo of my child, is that so much to ask?

OMG, your wife sounds like me.

Carrie

Chris H said...

Ha ha, I think I like your wife!!!

Anonymous said...

Lummy! Sharp as a tack! Whose genes?
Cheers

Nature Girl said...

Lauren is AWSOME! I LOVE that girl!
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Hee, love Lauren.

If I'd seen the portrait, I would have thought, "Dude needs to start wearing sunscreen."

Unknown said...

Lauren needs her own blog! HAHA! Sears huh? Every time I hear "Sears" I think of the catalog from like 1976 that my Mom-Mom in South Philly STILL HAS in her basement because one of the pages where a guy is in underwear, you can plainly see a testicle hanging out. I shit you not.

eclectic said...

That girl of yours makes me laugh!

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I can't stop laughing-can't breathe! I love your wife.

OhTheJoys said...

What? You're NOT cut like a triathelete?

Amber said...

So what you are saying is, you saw yourself some man nipples...good for you!

Kami said...

I love Lauren.

Anonymous said...

I agree--you totally set yourself up for these things, you know.

I see Mainline Mom already beat me to it, but I'd be happy to come out and do a photo session too. Anytime--just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Me too. I am so there. Can we all three take pictures?

You're not against male wet t-shirt contest-esque photos, are you?

MrsFierceShoes said...

Oooo...that had to burn! ha!

Anonymous said...

The white shirt and denim with the really large head is funny. I am so glad the someone mentioned a testicle hanging out to distract me.

Anonymous said...

Priceless!