Monday, July 09, 2007

Brainiac

I had a dream the other night in which I won 4 million dollars. In the dream, the money was earning about 300 dollars a day in interest.

There were other details in the dream that I shared with Lauren the next morning and I asked her to help me figure out if the 300 dollars a day was accurate. I wanted to find out if my subconscious was smart enough to add the interest correctly. I wanted to check to see if my brain, while asleep, actually did the math the right way.

We sat on the couch, sipping coffee trying to add numbers in my head. I would multiply the numbers then do some division and tell Lauren and then she would correct me saying something about interest being compounded annually or something. I would try again but then my math would be off. I would try again and I would forget to carry the one.

It turns out I am smarter when I am asleep.

16 comments:

Patience said...

I never, ever, dream about math.

Lois Lane said...

Apparently, so am I. I got as far as that being about $110,000 a year and then my brain hurt. I'm suing you! :P

So are you going to play the lottery or something in case that was a premonition? Before "investing" anything, maybe you should call Dion Warwick first.

Kami said...

You kill me.

I don't dream about math, either.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I got about $677 a day. Close, but no cigar...or yacht.

Susie said...

Better looking, too, probably. (I'm just sayin', it would seem to follow...)

Effie said...

hahahaha

Chris H said...

You are seriously weird, sure I dream about winning millions too, but maths is beyond me! I just know that if I win millions I will never have to "do the maths" again.... I won't need to count a cent every again!

Anonymous said...

And Lauren is smarter still...

:)

OhTheJoys said...

You're a genius.

eclectic said...

Susie cracked me up! Now, go back to sleep and give me the winning numbers next time, okay?

Stepping Over the Junk said...

In my dream, I wouldn't have cared IF I GOT 4 MILLION!

Ern said...

I plan to hire someone to calculate my compound interest someday. When I have some. Or, you know, just look at my statement.

Unknown said...

I have often dreamt about math. I love math. I love Undercover Mutha too for calculating the right number.

Jody said...

Aren't we all...

Unknown said...

I'm a complete genius when I'm sleeping. I can also fly.

Anonymous said...

I love that you thought 4 million would give you 300 dollars interest. :) That and the rest! But as someone else said, I wouldn't care if I got 4 million! Now go back to sleep and plot how to spend it. :)