Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

For the past 11 years, my family has spent Father's Day at Philadelphia Park Race Track. We, eat, drink and gamble (some more than others) and it is always a good time.

This year I was looking forward to bringing Maxfield to the track and teach him about horse racing. He is finally at the age where he can pronounce "trifecta" and could appreciate the finer points of heckling horses.

Since the races happen in the middle of the day and would conflict with Wyatt's nap time, Lauren decided to stay at her parents house with Wyatt.

Judging by the pictures and the fact that I lost 20 bucks, who do you think had a better afternoon?

"Where is our horse Daddy?"
Maxfield watching as our horse loses.

Wyatt raiding Mom Mom's liquor cabinet.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Did Wyatt have a strong preference for any liquor in particular?

And BTW, it's nice to see someone else using "MomMom"! My mom thinks it's weird that my MIL wants to be called that. We had never heard of "MomMom" or "PopPop" out here in WI!

Teri said...

um, yeah. I think Wyatt had a way better time.

was Lauren already sloshed and sleeping on the couch?

Susie said...

So Wyatt and Lauren tied one on while you and Max bet on the ponies. What a nice, wholesome family you're raising there ;)

carrie said...

Looks like those who stayed home had a little more fun! :)

Great pics!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

That Wyatt is my kind of kid.

mommiebear2 said...

Betting and drinking huh? Sounds like my kind of family! ;)

Jen aka Evilynmo said...

Hilarious!! =)

Unknown said...

The only thing better than these pics would be one of Wyatt napping next to the bottles. :)

Unknown said...

By the way, Hubby thinks you should have named him Wyatt Burp. ;D

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

we spent many fathers days at the same race track. My dad had horses that raced there while we were growing up.

I know all to well about the Philadelphia Race Track and I could pick a horse practically before I was able to read. I know something to be proud of!

Chris H said...

Ah that's so cute! HOpe he didn't manage to get any open, cos he would have surely had a MUCH MUCH better afternoon than you!

Anonymous said...

I like the 'mom''s booze no mention of a dad in there

Unknown said...

I still can't believe Wyatt is walking.