Thursday, June 22, 2006

Two conversations

I have the habit, good or bad, of taking off my wedding ring when I do the dishes or if I am working on something around the house.

“Lauren? I can’t find my wedding ring. Where did you put it?”
“I did not touch it.” She says from the other room.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes. I am sure.” She says as she gets up from the sofa.
“Are you positive?”
“Yes!”
“Did you maybe put it in the….Oh nevermind.”
Lauren enters the kitchen. “Did you find it?”
“Yes.”
“Where?”
“Where I left it.”
“Do you want to apologize?”
“Yes. But I won’t.”



Conversation number two starts off in a similar way.

“Lauren? Have you seen my pajama pants?”
“You mean the ones you wore last night?”
“Yes.”
“They are on the hook on the back of the door.”
I, of course, look on the back of the door to our bedroom, which has never had a hook. I look to her confused. Lauren rolls her eyes and said, “The back of the bathroom door.”

Confused I walk over to the bathroom door to find them hanging on the hook. I gave Lauren a puzzling look and said, “I didn’t put them there.”
Shaking her head, “Oh I KNOW.”

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh William, you make me laugh, hysterically.

Lauren is a GODDESS, we women should build a shrine in honor of her.

eclectic said...

*smack*

There. I smacked him for you, Lauren.


*heh*

Anonymous said...

Have you ever picked anything up off the floor in your life??? Were your clothes ever in the drawers?? Were the comic books ever on the shelf?? Did you ever get the "NeatNick" award?? Was there ever room for my feet on the passenger side floor of your car?? You probably never even knew there was a "NeatNick" award. Oh Lauren, I'm so sorry! I thought adulthood, fatherhood,or married life would have improved his sloppy habits. Do you have to straighten and wipe down the counter after he's finished doing the dishes? Like father, like son!

Suzy-Q said...

Men.

Andrea said...

“Did you maybe put it in the….Oh nevermind.”

William, you should be an official member of my family, because we have our own variation of this sentence. It goes: "What have you done with my...oh, there it is." We joke that an "oh-there-it-is" is code for some secret object that none of us can seem to keep track of.

Michelle said...

SS Dad does this with all his things - his keys, wallet, cellphone, pager, hat - you name it, he'll misplace it and then blame me. He never apologizes either.

Anonymous said...

whoa, whoa!! let's back up a bit..you do dishes? Can you tell my husband that it's true that other husbands do dishes? He thinks it's an urban legend...

Kami said...

Ohhh yeah. I know that conversation.

Unknown said...

LOL...

and in our house recently, it was:

Hubby: Honey? Do you know where my 'good' jeans are?
Me: No. Did you check the drawer?
Hubby: No...

Anonymous said...

"Good Jeans" That is a blog right there. Why do we always have a pair of "good Jeans?"

Leave your wedding ring on. It should serve as a giant reminder that Lauren is stuck with you.

Unknown said...

Wow...it's almost like you've been here listening to our conversations and claiming them as your own...

Lowa said...

Right when Lauren said on the back of the door, I instantly pictured the bathroom door.

Weird. I don't even LIVE there and *I* knew where they were!??! LOL

Odd Mix said...

“Yes. But I won’t.” *snort*

Let's hope Max follows in Lauren's footsteps, mm'kay?

Effie said...

Hmm, these conversations sound vaguely familiar....

sc@vp said...

My name isn't Lauren ...
So I know we're not married but ...

Are you sure you're not my husband?

Nature Girl said...

Oh Lauren....how DO you do it? Raising 3 boys isn't easy! LOL
Have a great weekend! Stacie

Tammy said...

Lauren is my hero.

kimmyk said...

a new baby and she still picks up.

she's an angel that lauren.

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

AT least you have the good sense to out yourself on your blog, even if you can't apologize. :)

Hh