Thursday, October 22, 2009

Neighborhood Watch

This morning, as I walked to my car, I a folded flier tucked behind the flag on my mail box. I scanned the street to see if there were pieces of paper sticking out from other mailboxes. I thought it strange that my mailbox was the only one to receive some type of solicitation in the middle of the night.

The flier is from my township's Neighborhood Watch Program inviting me to volunteer. Part of it reads "volunteers patrol our neighborhoods on foot...between 8 and 10 each evening." It also states that "volunteers assist the police department" and that "training will be provided".

It did not say anything about them providing uniforms or costumes, which is okay because I am sure Lauren will make me something if I join.

I am going to need to take a break from the Internet and blogging for a few days while I work on my utility belt.

What kind of weapons should I make? What kind of superhero name should I give myself? Help me out.


While I am gone try these other cool blogs.

The Bloggess

Fadkog

Homefires

Creative Type Dad

Sci Fi Dad

Honea Express

the Meanest Mom

BHJ

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I always read but rarely comment, due to internet reporting at work that does not rate Google Reader as a time waster. heh.
Clicked over to one of your links from today's post (The Meanest Mom) and found myself really having a few second thoughts about some automatic reactions I have.
Make sure you put a bottle opener on your belt. There's the childless adult coming out in me. :)

Anonymous said...

You should carry a third nipple eraser. Just in case.

RzDrms said...

"Wonder Watchdog, On The Prowl"

And Lauren can make you a dog costume. The little barrel under your chin should contain bandaids (for after you fight the burgalors), mace (to take down the perps), a few M&Ms (for in case you get lightheaded when you're scared), and four quarters (for emergency phone calls).

Lois Lane said...

I picture you as the lovely Mrs. Kravitz, keeping the neighborhood watch alive by looking out the window in your hair curlers and robe, calling out for Abner...I mean Lauren, every time something is amiss.

Thanks for the shoutout. :)

teri said...

you need a town watch in your neighborhood? Would not have expected that for that area.

Anonymous said...

CRIME ONLY HAPPENS BETWEEN 8 -10 IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?? THAT IS PRETTY GOOD THAT THEY HAVE IT PINPOINTED TO THE EXACT HOURS LIKE THAT!! GOOD LUCK

SciFi Dad said...

I finally made it on to one of the P&B "I'm gonna take a break, go read these guys" posts?!?

Now my life is complete.

James (SeattleDad) said...

For nieghborhood watch you definitely need to have one of those long barbeque forks. Perhaps a switchblade kind if they make them.

Call yourself Super Poop? Yeah, too obvious. I'll keep thinking.

Whit said...

Sunscreen and lots and lots of water. Maybe a hat.

Anonymous said...

Remember, in the old days of Middle School, when you used to carry a table fork for protection? I think that is definitely a necessity in your backpack. You could be called Forkman. Crossing the school field at night, was scarey, wasn't it? And to think Mom didn't find this out till you were an adult! The Fork is Number One!

Leigh Leigh said...

This would make an awesome first scene in a superhero movie. You're handpicked for the "neighborhood watch" only the "neighborhood" is in another dimension or something. Too funny!

bew forgot her pw again said...

i think, since you did the whole ordeal with the soup company...ahem...
you should be called Soup-Man
and carry some crackers and a spoon...
i'm just saying....

Anonymous said...

So, let me get this straight...first of all, they don't provide costumes?!! What kind of operation is this?! Secondly, I am so glad, as I am sure you are, that they have provided a flier telling EVERYONE what times they will be patrolling so that criminals will make sure not to commit and crimes during that time. And, I bet the criminals will have have costumes.

Anonymous said...

May the fork be with you.

JP said...

I vote for ninja suit.

Lois Lane said...

Me too SciFiGuy! Home Fires has gotten a lot of hits from your peeps, William. Thanks!