Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brotherly Love

Lauren and I were at a wedding reception, sitting at a large table, talking with a bunch of friends when another friend's (who was not at the wedding) name came up.

"I love him like a brother." I said proudly.

"Well that's not a big deal." joked one of the guys across the table. "You have like 8 brothers."

"Exactly." I said as the table became quiet. "Let me put it this way. I love him enough to let him pee between my legs if he really really had to go and I was sitting on the only toilet in the house and the tub and the sink were occupied."

Everyone at the table erupted in laughter.

I leaned over to Lauren and said under the noise of the laughs "Did I just reveal too much information about how it was growing up in a large family?"

17 comments:

eclectic said...

I'm not sure I even love my kids that much! I sure as heck don't love my brothers that much. Maybe it's a guy thing? In any event, I hope you're never required to prove that love.

BunnyBear said...

speechless here

Jennifer Uribe said...

Ew. Ew. Ew.

The scary thing is that I totally know what you mean!

Charity Donovan said...

OMG...is this what I have to look forward to...say it isn't so...lie to me!!!

Bogart said...

Sword fighting happens.

RzDrms said...

Didn't y'all have a backyard? With trees dying for pee?!

BKP said...

Yes.
: )

for a different kind of girl said...

Ha! Oh, will you be teaching your boys this trick? Because I am the lone woman in a house of men and boys, and I think I'm going to keep this new-found wisdom to myself!

:)

James said...

I just recently had to explain to Julie what "swordfighting" was.

Barb said...

It's a good thing you tell these stories on yourself. If Lauren would blog about the things you do and say, nobody would believe her. Very entertaining, but crazy :-)

Anonymous said...

It's a scary thing, but I have 2 brothers and this was not an unheard-of concept...
And boys are generally disgusting (I have 4 of my own).

Why yes, we also grew up in a house with only 1 bathroom, why do you ask?

maria from nj said...

Poor Lauren. Some days I'm amazed she sits next to you.

But, a funny story nontheless.

Melissa said...

Oh Bill...Bill...Bill.

In my mind that is Lauren's daily mantra.

Life in your house...you just have to laugh; it's a survival technique.

YOU ARE THE BEST!

SciFi Dad said...

But would you love him if he breastfed?

Anonymous said...

That was on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays LW was a safety and had to go to school early.

Anonymous said...

occuied with peeing, I bet!
I once watched a guy pee in the garbage can when all the "plumbing places" were in use in his (large) family's (small) house.

If it hadn't been 30 below out, he would've gone outside.

TentCamper said...

That is too funny!!! I love your blog and am sending you an email!!