Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cooler Than David Boreanaz

I wrote a list ( here) back in January of some of the topics I wanted to cover in this blog for 2009. Some of the topics from the list I have already written about; some have not happened yet (like winning the lottery).

It has been a good couple of weeks for this blog.

One item from the New Year list happened two weeks ago while I was on vacation and I am just now realizing it. According to Sitemeter (one of the stat trackers I use) I had my 500,000th visit to Poop and Boogies some time around August 7th. According to other tracking sites I have had more than 500,000 visits over the past 4 1/2 years but Sitemeter is one of the easier ones to figure out and to see the 500,000 number on their site was a goal of mine.

Another item from the list, is that I have now broken the 1000th post mark. This post, the one you are reading right now, is my 1001 post. I can't believe it. A quick count shows that Poop and Boogies has also received over 20,000 comments over the past 4+ years. I am sure 9,000 of them are from my brother Anonymous trying to Blog Jack me (I define Blog Jack as when a comment on a post gets more reaction from other comment-ers than the actual post). I want to thank every one who stops by here and reads my blog. Whether you comment or not I can see from the stats that people stop and read what I have written. It means a lot to me and I am very thankful that you read but sometimes getting comments makes the blogging thing all worthwhile.

I heard an interesting story about a somewhat popular blogger who hated when the comments on his/her blog were funnier than his/her actual posts. Apparently he/she would send nasty emails to the comment-ers telling them they had no "blog manners" and that they were trying to steal his readers. I don't know if that blogger still does that but, man...what a douche bag. I welcome blog jackers. The funnier the better. I am so appreciative of the fact that someone actually is taking time to add their thoughts to something I wrote. I should do a better job at acknowledging comments. I like the Bloggess' approach to comments. Everyday she posts "The comment of the day" which is the comment that she thinks was the funniest to her. Maybe I should start doing that.

The other day I was on Facebook and I did a quick search for Poop and Boogies and I was shocked/astonished/pleasantly horrified that someone started a P&B Fan Club. I emailed Alisha, the person who started it, and asked if I could post about the Fan Club here and tell other Facebook-ers to go join. I warned her that my brothers may comment and ridicule the fan club. Her response was "and if your brothers make fun of it, just remind them about how many fan clubs they have. None. "

Alisha, thank you so much for flattering me. Alisha is the "Fan Club Member #001 Extraordinaire" of the Official Poop and Boogies Fan Club on Facebook. If you use Facebook, go and join.

Alisha also told me she is not a stalker and that I am cooler than the other person's Fan Club she was a part of like 10 or so year ago.

I am cooler than David Boreanaz.

It has been a good couple of weeks.

30 comments:

Ricky said...

Haha You said Douche bag;). Congrats to you!!! Glad to see that you have several 'non' stalkers out there. Puts my mind at ease.

Your Chuck E. Cheese Non Stalker ;)

Michelle said...

Maybe as Bones, but as Angel, I'm not sure.

Trike said...

I was not here.

SciFi Dad said...

Now I want to know who the blogger was that sent hate mail to commenters. I know it's not someone I read because I am always hilariously funny in my comments. My mother said so.

Also, is Facebook fan club membership the new twitter follower count or something?

for a different kind of girl said...

Michelle has a point, but then I've been immersed in an Angel viewing marathon the last few weeks and I may be a bit jaded.

Anonymous said...

I'm now "officially" your fan.

Anonymous said...

9001.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Anonymous said...

2 Easy

Ben Folds Cooler than you

Anonymous said...

From now on my goal is to be your funniest commenter. On my blog, you are my funniest commenter. Stop laughing.

Anonymous said...

Ben Folds...hahaha

kalki said...

Alisha made it official, but you've had a fan club for quite some time...

James (SeattleDad) said...

I'm right there with you. I don't keep official tallies, but I would guestimate that I have had about 500 visitors so far give or take a few hundred.

You and me. As popular as ever.

Anonymous said...

I'm here because you wrote such funny comments over at Susie's place. And I'm an FB fan club member because someone told me I'd get a free beer for joining.

Rachel said...

Hm. Better than David Boreanaz? Wow, that really is a compliment. And in response to Ricky's first comment here about your use of the word "Douche bag": My husband and I have deemed it OK to now use douche bag in mixed company. We've come to this conclusion one night when we heard it not once but FOUR times during the 7-9 pm showing of any given television show. If network television says it's OK ... We say "Yes, now use it in a sentence in front of our grandmothers."

Alisha said...

David Boreanaz was the shiznits back in the day. Also, I'm totally serious about doing crafts with Lauren :)

Effie said...

a fan club, eh? getting as popular as dooce? Gonna do talk shows? Hmm? Just joking--
I'm very impressed, actually! As kalki said, you've had a fan club for a while, just not "official"...

Anonymous said...

I like to read your blog... started a few months ago. I think you're a great writer but after today's post, not so sure. I'm a huge fan of David's. Well, of his character on Bones. He's hot!! So, your next post better be really good or I'm going to leave here and ask the Bones guy to start a blog. With lots of pictures.

Fulton Quads said...

I have to admit that I LOVE reading the comments just about as much as I love reading your post! Keep up the good work! Now I'm off to become a fan on FB! LOL!
Love, Cathy & her quads

Whit said...

You need to pace yourself on the blog-jacking. You could go blind.

Tela said...

Hi I'm a serial lurker, but I just want to say I love your blog and read it quite often. Our children are around the same age so it's comforting to know someone else has the same experiences as I do parenting mine.

Bogart said...

Further proof that "When I Grow Up I Want to Blog Like" you.

Sharkey said...

I joined the FB group because I want my status to say "Sharkey is a fan of Poop and Boogies."

Anonymous said...

Who is David Boreanaz? Who is Ben Folds? Getting back to basics... if your Dad never mentioned the words "Poop and Boogies" where would your followers be today? Still looking for the return of The Lawn Whisperer? Give credit where credit is due. Dado9 started it all.

DGB said...

Congrats man!!!

Shannon said...

Even if I'm having a really horsesh*t day your blog always makes me laugh out loud (or at least smile- especially when you say things like douche bag), so for that I thank you and I must say that I think you are way cooler than David Boreanaz- he's never once made me laugh out loud.

Marion said...

Ok, I joined the fan club and can't help but notice you are not a memeber of your own club...isn't there a Groucho Marx joke about that??? (No, not sure how to spell his name)

Melinda said...

There's a P&B fan club?

Susie said...

What Shawkey said. I'm official now, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm your brother but you are not cooler than Buffy's first love.
Plus, his Dad has been my weatherman for 30 years.

Brian said...

As one of the original members of the P&B Fan Club, I salute you.