Friday, December 12, 2008

Brain

Wearing a green blanket over my head turns me into the sea monster. I was battling Spiderman and Spiderman's helper. Spiderman does not have a sidekick and since they both can't be Spiderman, Wyatt's default superhero is Spiderman's helper.

As I, the sea monster, wrestled the superheroes I would threaten to eat their ears or their belly buttons or toes. The only way the two Spidermen could defeat the sea monster was by pulling the green blanket away, which would turn me back to a normal person. I took down Spiderman #1 and pinned his shoulders to the ground.

"Unless your helper saves you, I am going to suck your brains out through your ear." I rasped as I leaned in and made slurping noises next to Spiderman's ears.

He giggled and yelled, "Wyatt save me."

"It is no use Spiderman. He is distracted by the TV." I growled. " And now I am going to eat your brains."

"Stop." Max said. Not Spiderman but Max. He was very serious."You can't do that."

"Can't do what?"

"Eat my brains."

"Yes I can."

"No. You. Can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I only have one brain. You keep saying brains." Max stressed the "s" at the end. "I don't have more than one."

17 comments:

rosasdolcevita said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Way to go, Max! It sucks so much when you get caught in doing/saying something wrong by your young children but it makes you so proud that they are so smart. Good job, Max!

Bogart said...

Ahhh observational humor...I can't get enough of it.

mrtl said...

Who needs more than one brain when you're so smart?

Jason Roth said...

Wow, the sea monster loses on a technicality. Smart kid for slaying the sea monster with wit.

Anonymous said...

That kid has brain(s)!!

SciFi Dad said...

See, everyone is commenting about how cute that was, and all I could think was, "Another lawyer has just been created."

Anonymous said...

That must be a REALLY big blanket.

Charity Donovan said...

He is one smart cookie! Love it!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Well - there you have it!

eclectic said...

SciFiDad just cracked me UP!

Rachel said...

Wow! Your kid has brain for real! A big one!!

Effie said...

true...watch your lingo there!

Anonymous said...

The boy's getting uppity.

Anonymous said...

Sea monsters aren't known for their smarts.

FilmFather said...

My wife and I were both English majors in college. It's only a matter of time until one of our youngins pulls the same grammar-changing superhero move on us.

John said...

too funny...at 4 my daughter corrected my wife about saying the sun goes behind a cloud. "the sun doesn't move mom, you have to say the clouds moved in front of the sun."

4 going on 20.