Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I've been duped

Last week, Lauren asked me to take the Maxfield and Wyatt to either Lowe's or Home Depot for the kids workshops they hold on Saturday mornings.

I arrived at the Lowe's promptly at 10 AM. I checked in with the customer service center and went through the store, to the back, where they hold the kids workshops. There were already a few parents and their children waiting in the back. A gentleman wearing the maroon apron with a Lowe's logo asked me if I was there for the kids workshop.

"Yes." I replied.

"Well, you are at the right spot." He said.

"Good. I am hoping that you can get this one" I said, pointing to Max, "to eat his vegetables and the shorter one is in his terrible twos, so I am hoping you can fix that."

The guy just stared at me. He then pointed to a box filled with small wooden go-cart kits and hammers and safety goggles.

"Ooohhhh." I said. "By kids workshops, you mean that the kids get to build stuff. Here I thought it meant you were going to fix my kids."

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the guy didn't even laugh!! What a bozo! I laughed!

Maddy said...

Sounds like the workshop for us too. I hope the chap fell on the floor with the giggles.
Cheers

Patience said...

Just be thankful the workshop wasn't there to fix the fathers!

Anonymous said...

That BILL, SUCH a kidder! At least you didn't say anything REALLY inappropriate like "that's what she said."

But I bet you THOUGHT it.

Teri said...

Why does no one get your humor?

It makes me want to cry!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

They do kids workshops? I wonder if I'm too old...

Let me tell you though...if I had been running that, it would have made me laugh.

Bogart said...

Bet those two are licking their chops to "fix" the wee one.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

What a shame to waste such a great joke on someone whose sense of humor wasn't plugged in!

GERBEN said...

LOL, it's never that easy!

Jason Roth said...

Some people just don't "get it."

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love your humor.

eclectic said...

The reason he didn't laugh: He's had toddlers. He knows you weren't joking. ;)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

I laughed! Some times people just don't like funny. I bet their lives are totally in need of an overhaul!

Practically Joe said...

I can explain why he wasn't ammused ... I was there only a couple of minutes before you with my neighbors kids asking that man if they had a quick service line. You didn't see me because once he explained what it was really all about I had to get those little imps right back to their yard.

OhTheJoys said...

If you find the fix it place for the short and loud people let me know... I've got a few things I'd like to straighten out!

JP said...

You probably made that guy crap himself. The look on his face was probably priceless...

Heidi said...

I hate when you waste a good joke on someone with no sense of humor. That is great. I am always telling customer with helpful kids they can leave them here; we could use the help. lol

Unknown said...

Hee hee! And I wonder why Lauren didn't accompany you... :D