Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Brushing

It appears that my morning exercise and diet plan are not working as observed by my 3 year old.

The other day I was getting dressed in the bathroom when Maxfield and Wyatt came in to get their toothbrushes. I applied the paste to their brushes, handed them over to the kids and they disappeared into Max’s room. I started brushing my own teeth when I realized it was too quiet in the other room. I continued brushing my teeth as I walked down the hallway to Max’s room.

I was only wearing a pair of shorts and I was brushing my teeth vigorously as I entered the room. Max looked up at me, stared at my belly for a second, took his toothbrush out of his mouth and he motioned towards my stomach and chest and said, “Look Daddy. You are making that all wiggly.”

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh... I get "Mom, how come when you stir the stuff in the pot on the stove, your butt moves too?"

Good thing the kids are cute, huh?

Kami said...

Niiiiiiice.

Gotta love the kids.

The Egel Nest said...

William -

Tell them you are a big tub of jello...with lots of wiggle room :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Loth said...

I sympathise. My blog is called "The Gym isn't working" - words uttered by my son aged 4 when watching me get ready for work.

OhTheJoys said...

Poop, Boogies and Wiggley Middles.

Julie said...

Kids are so brutally honest....

mrtl said...

My teacher training included a lesson on how to erase a blackboard. The eraser goes up and down. Going side to side makes your butt wiggle, which is not appropriate.

Are you brushing side to side?

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

mrtl's comment cracked me up as well. Who knew they teach that kind of thing in teacher training?!

Karina said...

so are you guys still living at your parent's place? how goes/went the house hunting?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...aren't kids so innocent!