Thursday, December 21, 2006

Every time you click a link an Angel gets it's wings

For the long weekend I figured I would be creative with some links to other great blogs.


T'was the Few nights b'fore Christmas, when all through the Blog
Not a creature was stirring, not even Soozie’s Dog

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
Right next to Bucky’s crotchless underwear

The children were nestled all snug in their bed,
While visions of Rude Cactuses danced in their heads,

And Gumby in her 'kerchief, and Metrodad in his cap,
Had just settled their brains for a long winter's nap.

When out on the monitor there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Using Microsoft "favorites" I clicked with a flash
Tore open the Windows and the blogroll cache.

The light from the 'puter, emitted it’s glow
Gave the lustre to the many blogs below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should address,
But blogger, Livejournal and some Wordpress,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew I would stop by to see Oddmix

More rapid than Dial up the loaded pages came
As I whistled, and chuckled, and called them by name:
"Now, Nilbo! now,Toady Joe! now CK and Klog!
On, Kami! on Eclectic! on, Sharkey and StepBLOG!
From the click of my mouse and through the firewall!
Now post away! post away! post away all!"



May I also recommend these other sites.
The Blogfathers, Desperate Working Momma, Flailing my Arms, Todd's blog, and say hi to Effie who will be having a baby soon.

I know this was cheesy and I took some serious poetic license but, what the hell. I know it may have sucked.
Anyway, Have a Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays.

35 comments:

Nilbo said...

First, bitches!

Nilbo said...

Oh .. and merry Christmas to you and all your family, William. You're a bright spot in a lot of lives :)

Anonymous said...

my GOD! that was serious poetic genius, bill. bravo! you are incredibly sweet to remember your friends and celebrate this lovely season with a superb story of ol'. thanks, my friend!!! :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. who you callin' "bitches," nils?! i'm the only bitch in these parts!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome.

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

William! I LOVE this! VERY clever! That's awesome!

damn! I wish *I* had thought of this!

Jonathon Morgan said...

It was awesome, dude. Merry Christmas you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Man, talk about creative!! That rocked!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Awesome poem! And I'm honored to be mentioned. Merry Christmas!

eclectic said...

How cool is that?! How cool are you?!?! That rocked!! Merry Christmas, Bill!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Very creative! Very creative!

Have a great holiday!

Unknown said...

That was awesome.

Effie said...

Merry Christmas to you too William! And to Lauren and Max and little Wyatt Blue!!! (I feel like I'm on the Romper Room, looking through my magic mirror: I see Lauren and Max...)

Yer a poet! I liked it--you managed to rhyme all the way through! Impressive!

Anonymous said...

that was fabulous.

Merry Christmas to you and the family, Bill.

Kami said...

OMG! That's AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Rzdrms - You're wrong about that. I'm a bitch, too... just ask Nils. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww...it wasn't cheesy at all. I thought it was awesome. Happy holidays, Bill. Best wishes to you and the family for the coming year!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Bill! You're so talented.

But seriously, my dog isn't stirring? Is he dead? I keed, I keed. I just wish...NOT that he was dead, sheesh! That he'd be still for more than a nano-second.

Anyway, have a wonderful holiday with your gorgeous family!

Meegs said...

Merry Christmas Bill.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed that! Thanks for making my day! Merry Christmas! My Christmas will be BLUE this year." I'll have a BLUE Christmas without you" etc etc

Anonymous said...

I thought it was great - and I've spent ages looking through the blogs I didn't know! Merry Christmas to you and the family!

kimmyk said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours William!

P.S.

Great rhyming skills you got goin on!

Susie said...

You are brilliant.
I am honored.
Cheese for everyone!

Merry Christmas and a big hug (or 4) to your entire lovely family. xxxx

Nilbo said...

I meant "bitches" in the figurative sense. You're not LITERALLY bitches. Well ... not ALL of you.

LiveLee said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, William. It always brightens my day when I see you've visited my blog and commented, because I know I'm going to laugh whether I want to or NOT, dammit! Peace.
xxoo Cat

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Merry Christmas William to you and your family!

I hope you have a healthy and happy holiday!

MrsDoF said...

Wonderful! Talented!
a great read, and my mouse is about clicked to pieces. Thank goodness for Firefox and tabs.

Only one more sleep 'til Christmas!!

Merry Morning to you and all the Boogies......

eclectic said...

Good Christmas, sir. ;) Hope it's a wonderful day for all of you!

Ortizzle said...

Very clever! Love your terse, but always funny comments. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bill : ) Merry Christmas!

Judypatooote said...

I'm impressed.......have a happy new year, and don't drink and drive......sorry, it's the mom in me talking.....lol

Anonymous said...

ok you gotta check this out http://www.tickytacky.typepad.com/

They have a son named Max that could be a very close twin to your son. This explains my former confusion a few months ago.

Random and Odd said...

You are fantasticly funn!!

I really liked the "ON NILBO" part the best...and Bucky's crotchless underwear (with or without the song)

Todd said...

Thanks for the love, man.