Monday, April 11, 2005

What's in a Name

Many people ask about Max’s name. Why MaxFIELD as opposed to MaxWELL or MaxMILLIAN? I usually explain that Maxfield is named after, or I should say, his name was inspired by, Maxfield Parrish, the great American artist form the early 1900's. Lauren and I wanted to name him after someone we admired and who Max could aspire to be like. For instance if you were a fan of the “Dukes of Hazard” you may name your kid Luke or BO, because you wanted to inspire your children to be, like the song says,” just good ‘ol boys”. So Maxfield is named for an artist. One of his paintings is posted here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, is after Cool-Hand Luke. The great movie starring Paul Newman. Sometimes I think of the famed Luke Skywalker, cause my son has the force. Sometimes I even say, in my best Darth Vader voice, "I am your father, Luke"

As far as Bo goes, I couldn't tell you.

Anonymous said...

If I ever have a son I'll name him Malachi, but I hope he doesn't aspire to worship the devil in a cornfield. Let him do it bars and the privacy of his own home like his old man.