Thursday, November 04, 2010

Brothery Love

It was Wyatt's turn to pick what color cereal bowl he wanted. Ever since the continuing red plate arguments we have started to let Max and Wyatt take turns on picking what color eating instrument/utensil they want.


"Wyatt, which bowl do you want?" I asked. "The blue or the green?"

Wyatt put his finger to his chin and thought about the choices. "Uhmmmm." he hummed to himself.

"That's not fair. Wyatt got to pick last time." Max whined from across the table.

"That's not true Maxfield." Lauren corrected. "Last night at dinner you got to choose. Now it is Wyatt's turn."

Max pouted.

"C'mon, pick already, blue or green Wyatt?" I was getting impatient.

Wyatt turned his soft, big, round,brown eyes towards Max and said "Max, what color bowl do you want?"

Lauren beamed. "Awwww Wyatt. That is so nice."

I sighed and smiled.

Max perked up. "I would like the blue bowl."

Wyatt tilted his head back towards me, his eyes narrowed as his lips thinned into a smirk. "Then," he said, pausing almost for affect but also weighing the consequences of his decision "I will take the blue one."

I am not trying to be mean but the look of satisfaction on Wyatt's face as Max cried out in protest was priceless.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My younger daughter does that to her big sister all the time. You would think she would have figured it out by now - but she hasn't.

eclectic said...

Have mercy! That child is going to take over the world someday.

Anonymous said...

Man Bat is the man

Unknown said...

Boys. Competition. Need I say more?

My Kids' Mom said...

We finally assigned our boys colors. All the "fire" colors go to one and all the "water" colors to the other. Toothbrushes, cups, even candies sometimes. Saves lots of headaches. Also, one kid is "elevator up" and one is "elevator down". Always. Seems ridiculous, but as you know, they are!

Barb said...

That kid is way too smart for his age. Watch out brothers! (and parents)

Melissa said...

i love wyatt. (and i don't mean anything against your other two).

Anonymous said...

My brothers were like that with me.

Michelle said...

sounds a lot like the sisterly love that goes on at my house.

Bogart said...

Where did he learn that? Yeah, that's what I thought...Lauren.

for a different kind of girl said...

There is a very shrewd businessman lurking in that boy!

Anonymous said...

Monkey in the Middle is up to some Monkey business. He'll be doing it when he's in his forties too.

SciFi Dad said...

Brilliant. Simply, brilliant.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Man that made me laugh good. Gotta love brothers.

The Woman Undone said...

at Ikea they have a set of forks, spoons and plates and bowls that are all rainbow in color. They are only $1.50 per set. Buy more than one set!!!

Melinda said...

Max is going to have to get more sneaky in his answers.
Middle children rule!