Friday, November 12, 2010

100 Months

This blog, most times, falls into the dad blog category. Sure it is from a dad's perspective but I like to think it is more about family then about being a dad.

This Saturday I will be married for exactly 100 months. 100 months ago, Lauren and I became the start of our family. Over 3000 days ago I said these words to Lauren.

I chose you to be my wife.
In front of our family and friends as witnesses
I promise to give you the very best of me
and to ask of you no more than you can give.

I promise to always love you
in good times and bad
in healthy times and in sickness.
I promise to be faithful to you.
I promise to always be there for you
to support you and to nurture you
and to be receptive of the gift of your love.

I love you more today than yesterday
but not as much as tomorrow

I will love you for the rest of my life

As you wish.


A couple of weeks from now will mark the anniversary of when she actually agreed to marry me. The story of that is told here It Would Have Been Romantic and here When She Said Yes

There was nothing in our vows that stated I was going to be blogging about our life together for 10s and teens of people to read. She is as much of Poop and Boogies as I am, which again, is why I think of this as a family blog. I am very grateful to Lauren for putting up with me and this hobby of mine.

And although on occasion I do yell at her and say "Get back, Witch" I do love her more than and MLT.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

For every yin there is a yang

Anonymous said...

Lauren must be attracted to women, because you are one.

Susie said...

1. I love Anon. 2. You mawwied a Pwincess, and I mean that in the very best way. May God continue to bless your marriage and your family.

Anonymous said...

bill is gay

SciFi Dad said...

What are we supposed to say to this? Happy Preniversary?

Anonymous said...

100 months of underwear and a knife in the dark of night...sorry, can't shake that that picture from my brain...the new Super Hero costume!!! lol

James said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

100 months. Your brain baffles me, but your engagement story is cute and your vows dripping with sweetness.
Now I'm going to fry my brain trying to count months... (12x23)+2... or is it (12x22)+8... oh, nevermind.

Anonymous said...

even when the mutton is sliced real thin and the tomatoes are nice and perky?!
Many many blessings upon ou and your family!

Cheri

James (SeattleDad) said...

100 moons. Now that would have been an interesting gift.

Anyway, have a happy one.

for a different kind of girl said...

100 months. I love that. Happy 100 months to you both.

eclectic said...

She's not a witch, she's your wife. And after that, she's not even sure she wants to be that anymore.

I mean, Happy Anniversary to you both!

Buy WoW Priest said...

20 more months:D
congratulations to both of you!

notasoccermom said...

Wow. Love ur hobby!

Ali said...

My brother-in-law just got married a couple weeks ago. His bride's maiden name? Truelove! My husband can't stop saying "To blathe!"