Friday, March 26, 2010

Turning Bi

My wife, although I do not think she did it on purpose, has turned me into a Bi guy.

From my first one, when I was maybe 14 or 15 years old, all through my teens, twenties, all of my married life I was never a Bi type of person.

I always thought Bi men were a little strange. I never understood how they would want something long and thin on their backside. I always liked mine to be short thick and compact. Not that size matters. Its what's inside that counts.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, I am talking about wallets here. What were you thinking about?

I have always, from when I started carrying a wallet in my early teens, until this past Christmas, preferred to have a Tri Fold wallet. I always found that they fit better in my back pocket and that they were easier to organize. I also liked the fact that most Tri Fold wallets do not have a change purse (seriously a change purse on a man's wallet is a little bit sissified if you ask me).

This past Christmas I asked Lauren to get me a new wallet. I forgot to tell her it had to be a Tri-Fold. Lauren bought me Bi Fold wallet. At first I was bit apprehensive about using the Bi Fold (although it did not have a change purse) since I was so used to having a George Constanza-esque type of Tri Fold Wallet. My old wallet was so beaten and torn I figured I would give the Bi Fold a try. After three months of using the Bi Fold type of wallet I don't think I would go back to any any other style.

It is flatter, thinner and more comfortable against my butt. It is easier to take out and put back in even when it gets a little stuffed and enlarged...

Wait a minute...I am talking about a wallet.

What type of person are you or your husband/boyfriend/etc. ? Tri, or Bi? Or maybe something else?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill is Gay

James (SeattleDad) said...

Just as long as you don't keep a 'New Moon' clipping in one of the folds, you should make the transition just fine.

Melinda said...

Anon, I love you. Are you bi?

Butt comfort is important, Bill.

Anonymous said...

What type of person is your husband?

Shannon said...

My husband is totally tri. He would never go bi. (He's very resistant to change.) I kinda wish he would go bi, though- they're easier to find. I'll let him know that bi is easier on the butt. :o)

Love the Costanza reference- that's one of our favorite episodes!

Anonymous said...

Alright... you had me worried there for a minute. But I think thats what you were going for. Funny.

April said...

I converted my husband from "tri" to "bi" last year. He also resisted at first, but now prefers it. I'm a big fan of "All-Ett Billfolds".

Whit said...

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sheri said...

My husband was a tri but now he's a bi and like you, enjoys it much more!

Bogart said...

Switched to money clip a few years back and never looked back.

Unknown said...

No fold. My husband has a wallet that's as if they took the credit card slots from the inside of the bi-fold wallet and sewed them inside out. Very simple. He loves it so much that we've bought a back up just in case they quit making this style.

kittenpie said...

Misterpie has turned into a money clip guy now. He has one with money-related bills & cards, and one with just other random ID and store cards, so he can just take one unless he is going somewhere that might need all that extra stuff. It works for him.

MrsDoF said...

My husband has an almost envelope of cardboard and duct tape.
Actually 3 of them.
with careful printing on each
Money
Cards
Phone #s
He makes them himself every few months.
Neither his mother nor I have ever bought a wallet for him. I doubt he would use one.

Anonymous said...

I like the Don McLean song.