We are back in Florida. All in all, the trip up North was was very nice. I believe everyone had a nice time and that most of our family was happy to see us. My parents were real troopers for having us for two weeks. As we were heading to the PA Turnpike I turned to Lauren and said, "That is the first time, since we moved, that after seeing my mom, she did not cry when we left."
Lauren said, "She was probably happy to get rid of us."
We stayed with my parent's for two weeks.
Granny, my dad's mom, used to say "Company is like fish. After a few days it begins to stink." and I think we were like fish.
I am not saying they did not enjoy our company but with the new surroundings and what not Maxfield was quite a handful. Here is a list of things he did that would not normally happen at my parent's house if there were no kids around.
1. Assisted with breaking one of my mom's Lennox candle holders.
2. Kept removing a decorative plate above the couch. My mom said Max was the only grandkid to attempt it.
3. He peeled the paint from their tv stand.
4. While my mom had guests over for brunch, Max shattered a plate on the kitchen floor.
5. He ripped down her Irish Blessing wall hanging
6. He vomitted all over her couch and my digital camera (which no longer works.).
7. Max put a rock, about the size of a golfball, into the grill of my brothers Jim's mini van. There was no way to get it out. I am sure the rattle is driving Jim crazy.
8. He smashed a toy that Penny (a neighbor) gave him, into several pieces on my mom's kitchen floor.
9. He drew all over my dad's favorite chair with a ball point pen.