Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Looking Ahead

Last year I wrote a post about all the things I wanted to write about in 2009. I liked the way that “looking ahead” worked out for me. A few of the stories on my 2009 list did not happen so I will include them on my list of hopeful posts for 2010.

I really want to thank all of you who stop here and read my blog on a regular basis. I really enjoy the feedback, comments, links, laughs and community that y’all provide me every day.

Seriously, thank you.

What I hope to post about in 2010: Poop and Boogies turns 5 (with a possible give-away), a story about me winning the lottery, how I lost 20 pounds, a guest post by my brother Anonymous, stories about the show (the Pillowman)I am acting in, how I got to meet various bloggers, finishing begatting my man space, stories from the time I worked in the nightclub business, my trip to BlogHer, Frankie Pickle book review and how I had lunch with the author, making an appearance on Saturday Night Live (a dream of mine since High school), The Accident Story from when I was 11, A story about how I surprised my wife for her 36th birthday this March with diamonds (oh crap she reads this blog there goes that idea. I will need to think of another idea now.), meeting more famous people, how I was tied to a chair in 2nd grade, tripling my readership, a post about how the Official Poop and Boogies Facebook Fanclub (thanks Alisha) membership gets to the 150 mark, the story of my allergy to a tattoo, a post about taking MY mom to a book signing, a Bigfoot sighting, working with more advertisers, a road trip story would be great, William turns 40, more I Could Have Been a Contender stories, taking my mom to get a tattoo, How Edamame is overrated, my one day as a substitute Sunday School teacher, how I got a book deal, my college years (I did not go to college) stories, living in my car, and how I won blog awards.

I hope I can be funnier, more positive, and a better writer this year.

Some of the writings I listed above are events that have yet to happen. Some are stories from my past. There is an old saying that goes something like "If you travel the road to the past it is often littered with missed opportunities. Be careful you don't trip over them."

What I plan to do this year is explore that road to the past and pick up those pieces of "litter" and save them in the garage, (just like my wife saves pieces of moulding and chair rails and old mirrors or scraps of fabric, "because you just never know when you can use them"). Every now and then I will pull one out polish it and make a post out of it.

Please leave me a comment and let me know if there is anything you want to see here on Poop and Boogies. Or tell me whether you plan to call this year Twenty-ten, or Two Thousand-Ten or Two-Zero-One Zero.

Thursday is de-lurking day (brought to you, for me, by Rudecactus and Greeblemonkey), which means you are supposed to leave a comment. De-lurk, leave a comment.

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of your faithful "lurkers". I stop by every couple days to catch up on my P&B fix. I usually stop by during my lunch break to had a bit of humor to my otherwise stressful day. You have a real gift for writing. If you had a book, I would definitely buy it.

BTW - I have been referring to the new year as Twenty Ten, but I like your suggestion of two zero one zero...

Anonymous said...

Twenty ten is how I refer to this year. You can forget "taking my mom to get a tattoo". Just check that off your list. No need to write about it, cause it will never happen. Can't wait for the book signing though.

Sherry said...

Definitely Twenty-ten (3 syllables as opposed to 4).

A guest post by your bro Anonymous would be great!

(Been lurking since Campbell soup days, but posting for the first time!)

Anonymous said...

Another lurker, de- lurkering for you.

Enjoy your writing, and the hilarity that happens.

Looking forward to reading in 2010.

Mich

SciFi Dad said...

If Thursday is delurking day, why am I expected to comment today? And also, if I comment regularly, does that exempt me from commenting?

Melissa said...

delurking...okay, i comment on occasion...but i am at your site every single day...sometimes more than once.

you make me laugh!

Shannon said...

I don't know if you will consider this a compliment or not, Bill, but my computer was out of commish for the past two weeks- just picked it up from the computer "doctor" today. Guess whose blog I just had to check first? Couldn't wait to see what kind of hilarity I've been missing. You didn't disappoint. Good stuff, man, good stuff...

No matter what you write about in two-thousand-ten, as long as it's in classic Poop 'n Boogies style, I'll keep comin' back for more! Keep up the awesome work!

o_O said...

I, too, am a faithful lurker - I can never think of any clever comments to leave so I just giggle at the blog post, giggle more at the comments, then wait for your next entry. Keep up the fantastic work, and let us know if you do write a book won't you! BTW Twenty Ten - if I said two zero one zero people would point and laugh at me and I don't need any help in that department!

James (SeattleDad) said...

You actually plan out what you are going to write about? Wow, maybe that is why you have been around for 5 years. Congrats on that William.

LIAYF will be 2 in a week or so.

Barb said...

Nice try on the "Oh, she reads this blog" have to try something other than diamonds for her birthday. You are busted. Gotta do the diamond thing.

Lurking since before Wyatt was conceived, but I do comment occasonally. Followed you home from Susie's. (Did you remember to tell her happy birthday on Wyatt's BD?)

Yes you are a "writer" despite that miserable review a year or two ago. I send your posts to my son occasaionally. He's as crazy as you are.

Keep it up, this is a great place to visit!

Anonymous said...

I am a two thousand 10 gal. But may change when I realize I'm not one of the cool kids when I say it that way.
I vote a road trip to MN. I mean really, what kid doesn't want to see the Mall of America? And what parent doesn't dread taking them...
We'd visit you.
Beth & Mark
1, 2 & K

Anonymous said...

you need to add -me actually getting online and finding time to update my blog and you loving it so you add it to your list of blogs to read :)- to your list.

Ricky said...

That first one came up up anonymous I screwed it up . It's Ricky :)

Hootie Mac said...

de-lurking to say I will pretty much read anything. You are a talented writer.

DoThat4U said...

TwentyTen bugs. The expression "delurking" makes my day. Looking forward to getting back to stalking my faves and to a post from Anonymous. Congrats to you on 5 years of Poops and Boogies. Congrats to me for finding you!!

Vajana said...

Two thousand 10.

I am looking forward to reading your blog for the 5th year!

Amy M. said...

Twenty-ten. Just because I got so used to it in the last century (nineteen ninety-nine, or whatever).

I've delurked a couple times before, but can never think of anything witty to add. How about a post about a visit to Sesame Place? I'm sure that would be entertaining!

*returns to shadows*

ABrown said...

Delurking to say that I will read whatever you write about. It's all good.

And I say 'twenty ten.' It's just easier, I guess.

Keep up the great work.

holly in michigan said...

only because you asked am I delurking. lookin' forward to reading some fun stuff in 2010 here at P&B!!

Anonymous said...

I call it two thousand ten. Seems easier than remembering where the zeros go. I would like to see Lauren post in 2010 to tell us what it's really like to live with 4 boys and answer this question, does she have her own bathroom?

Shadefarm said...

I love your blog and have been reading for quite some time. I'm also a fan of your Poop and Boogies Fan Club. I enjoy your humor, and have had to keep my laughter down while I'm reading and supposed to be working... Two Thousand Ten....

Julie Mast said...

Officially de-lurking! Reading P&B always gives me a little smile during the day! Looking forward to more fun in 2010! =)

Unknown said...

I'm a faithful "lurker", too. I've been following you for a couple of years now.

Were you really on SNL? I can't wait to hear about that one!

Anonymous said...

I like that you have a Vajana comment on your blog. How do you pronounce that?

Anonymous said...

I too have been lurking for years. You're the best thing on the web, except that 'wet vs dry Q-Tip' post.....that made me want to ralph. Looking forward to what will come in the Ten.

Sarah in Cincinnati

Anonymous said...

ll the time when here was in Florida. I drifted away from blogging in general, but now I am back. Looking forward to a new year of Poop and Boogies.

The Absence of Alternatives said...

I love all the ideas for your future posts. I esp. cannot wait for the SNL one!

Chris Cactus said...

Happy Delurking Day!!

Anonymous said...

I am a lurker....I come here almost daily in hopes of a new post....You are a talented writer and I enjoy the humor you find in the daily grind of life and parenting.

MK in SC

Unknown said...

I hate when people tell me "it's delurking day" especially if I'm a frequent but intermittant commenter. So :P

I like Two-zero-one-zero.

Even though I only met you once, I miss you. I miss my Philly peeps.

Anonymous said...

two thousand ten. I enjoy reading your blog regularly also. Keep up the writing.

Anonymous said...

Post

Unknown said...

Happy Delurking Day Twenty-ten; head over my way if you get a chance. I'll definitely look forward to reading some of those posts.

Nature Girl said...

I have always loved this blog as one of my absolute favorites since I started blogging a little over 4 years ago. I don't always make it here on a regular basis and I don't always comment when I do come and catch up, but I always get a laugh or a good feeling from reading your stories about your adventures or your family. I'm a forever fan and for that, I thank YOU! Thank you and your family for just being who you are! The world needs more people like you.

<3 Stacie

Ali said...

two zero one zero???
are there people REALLY saying that??!??!!?

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker and I enjoy reading your blog when I'm killing time at work :)

And twenty ten it is!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I was thinking I would just rotate how I say the year. It will keep people on their toes.

kalki said...

Well now I can't wait for your 2010 posts! You are constantly getting funnier and better, but even just as you are now, you're one of my alltime faves.

KellisMommy said...

Delurking...check

Karen R said...

Twenty-ten. I'm a rather new lurker to your site, but you had me checking more frequently after your kindergarten picture post. I laughed for days. In fact, I'm laughing again now.

Joyce said...

Two Thousand Ten is how I'm sayin' it. Although, I might switch over to Twenty-Ten now that you mention it.

Anonymous said...

De-lurking (a few days late, but it's the thought that counts, right?). I've commented once or twice...but I don't think that really counts.

And it's totally twenty-ten.