Thursday, March 05, 2009

Shaker Law

I think there should be a law that standardizes the types of lids/holes that garlic salt makers use on their packaging.

We use a lot of garlic salt. The usual brand we buy has the screw-off type lid and the (hell I don't know what it is called) the hole-shaker-top-thing attached to the container. We must have shopped at a different store, because the new brand we have, the hole-shaker-top-thing was actually part of the screw top lid itself. Instead of taking the lid off you just flip up a side. One side for shaking, one side for scooping. Did anyone tell me this when I went to shake a little garlic salt on my dinner the other night? No. I unscrewed the lid and I shook the shaker only to have half the container of garlic salt dump out into a pile on my chicken. Lauren got a hearty belly laugh out of it but it ruined the dinner.

I am sure some congressperson can slip a couple of mil into the stimulus package for this worthy cause.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lauren. Oh, I feel your pain ...sort of... but I'm with Lauren.

Anonymous said...

At least the chicken was safe from vampires.

Anonymous said...

yeah, you have to be careful when you buy new spices. each bottle is different and they change the tops. Always look next time.

did Lauren make you go to bed without your supper?

Mindie said...

That's how I feel about parmesan cheese. Children should not be allowed to pour their own parmesan cheese.

joanna said...

I feel for ya. I had a similar (but not) experience. OK, I went to the mongolian barbeque place where you get your own food bowl and spice it. I got too much garlic on mine (but just the amount THEY TOLD ME TO PUT ON IT) and it sucked. A little garlic is OK. Too much can ruin a good dinner.

Bogart said...

There is a universal thing for grey hair and yet you don't use it...what makes us think you would be an early adopter of this type of "Change"?

Anonymous said...

You silly ass. Check it next time.
Oh, is that too unkind? So sorry.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

I'm thinking that was a great day if that is the only thing that stuck in your craw. I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

serves you right for not TASTING it first!

JP said...

No wonder why you are so "salty"..

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that the smile came with the clean face... the sinister look was with the beard? Men with beards are either hiding something..or want to give the impression of a stern ,mean disposition. (scary) Just ask me about men and facial hair...I get riled up... momo9 got nothing else to do today.. Could garden but this is more fun!

arti said...

I completely agree with the above comment, the internet is with a doubt growing into the most important medium of communication across the globe and its due to sites like this that ideas are spreading so quickly.